VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Vg Does Not Complete 3 Way Conference

Sirs.

1- Attached are the files describing an attempt to make a conference between an outgoing call, the Dialogic line originating it and a third line called during the operation.

Final picture: The first called line in silence, the second dialed line with the waiting music and myself depressed. No conference in sight.

Please can you give me any clue to achieve conference.

2- I'd like to put in conference outgoing calls with extension 50, which is the one for parked calls. It is not a proper extension, it does not ring, and I don´t know how will the couple Dialogic- VG react in such a case. Is it possible?? My intention is to connect an outgoing call with the operator parked (kept waiting) while Dialogic-Vg finds the called person.

3- I noticed a noticeable delay after a number called was attended and the moment when the sequence to transfer the call starts, not less that four seconds. Can this time be reduced? You can observe it in the attached files.

Thank you for your help.

Ricardo Monicat

log.zip

Which telephone company's lines are plugged into the card?

I notice that you are doing a blind conference after first dialing out.

Can you do such a blind conference manually on the same phone line that is plugged into the Dialogic card? If yes then can you take us step by step what buttons you press on your phone, and at what times you press the various button on your phone.

I'm doing this tests within the PBX (Panasonic kx-td..).

I can do it manually and the sequence is the natural one.

From a phone in parallel with dialogic card I can:

Pick up the phone

Dial 102 (the first called phone number)

!

101 (the second phone number)

!

And lines are in conference.

When doing this via VG:

1 Run vb script to post an outgoing call (102)

2 VG starts dialing almost immediately.

3 102 ext. sounds, I pick it up.

4 4 seconds later i102 is put on hold by vg and slightly later 101 starts ringing

5 3-4 seconds later 101 is put on hold and 102 is put out of on hold state

Sources for vbs and vg modules are in my original post.

It sounds like if conference operation is not well completed.

Besides this, 4 seconds to start conference operations is too long. What the reason for this delay may be ?.

Thank you

I take it that you do not need to wait for the second number to answer before pressing '!3' ?

The first called line in silence, the second dialed line with the waiting music

It appears that both hookflashes are correctly recognized - as the second number is dialed and then is put on hold with the first called number connected through to the Dialogic card - we had a case once where the '3' was being sent too soon after the '!' - setting the "Complete Conference' string to be "!,3" instead of "!3" worked for that site...

Please try that and let us know how you go.