VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Changed The Motherboard, VG & D/120JCT won't work

The HP server we were using as the IVR server broke and the motherboard had to be changed. After the repair, it doesn't recognize the 12-line Dialogic D/120JCT card in it any more. Do we need to reinstall the drivers? Is there a quick install just for the drivers, e.g. just point to the location where the .inf is ?

Also, Voiceguide asks for registration although it was registered for 12 lines (system id: M2298) before this motherboard failure. I thought the VG-registration was linked to the Ethernet card ?? Why is it asking registration again?

Thanks for your assistance.

== LEVENT ==

Rushed too much for posting a topic:

For the Dialogic card, all we needed to was "Update Driver" and point it to the driver at

c:\program files\dialogic\drvr\dlgcsram_nt4.inf

The Dialogic card now runs O.K.

Apparently the system_id has changed and we'll need a new registration code for VG which we're obtaining from katalina by email.

== LEVENT ==

v5.2 registration codes can are now linked to the Dialogic card as well. Please see:

http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/html/Uniq...eIdentifier.htm

This is the preferred way for Dialogic systems as the license can then be used wherever the Dialogic card is present.

All registration codes for systems which use Dialogic cards (majority of VG license sales) will nor be issued to be linked to Dialogic card based Unique ID.

We upgraded to VG5.2.1011 from VG5.0 as you suggested, now can't blind-transfer calls !!

Is this a common and known problem related to the upgrade, or could it be related to our replacing the motherboard of the IVR-server and hence repointing the Hardware Wizard to the Dialogic drivers (i.e. not a new installation, just redirected to the drivers)? Maybe I didn't show the correct driver??

The O/S is Win2000Pro; the card is D/120JCT.

Would the D/120JCT card use the same param file as the D/4PCI card that we use in another IVR-server and is working fine?

Thanks for your response!

== LEVENT ==

When the caller requests to be transferred to a live agent's extension from VG, the caller hears VG dialing the number now. The caller used to not hear any dialing sound when the transfers worked OK last week with VG5.0.

What do you mean by 'redirecting the drivers' ?

If you change the motherboard I'd suggest just re-installing the Dialogic TAPI/Wave drivers as well... then if setting the hookflash length in the Dialogic TSP then I'd recommend changing the .PRM method.

Under WinXP you need to use the .PRM file, under Win200 you do not need to - setting hookflash length in TSP is fine.

When the caller requests to be transferred to a live agent's extension from VG, the caller hears VG dialing the number now. The caller used to not hear any dialing sound when the transfers worked OK last week with VG5.0.

This means that right now the hookflash is too short and is not being recognized by the PBX.

Would the D/120JCT card use the same param file as the D/4PCI card that we use in another IVR-server and is working fine?

No. the D/120JCT parameter file will be called xx_120j.prm where "xx" depends on what Country is specified in the Dialogic DCM.

I meant "updating the driver" of the Dialogic card in Device Manager. Our O/S is Win2000Pro, and VG is v.5.2.1011

To reinstall the Dialogic wav drivers, I follow the instructions in VG-help page titled "Reinstalling Dialogic Wave driver - Windows 2000/XP" , right ?

I don't know what you mean by "... if setting the hookflash length in the Dialogic TSP then I'd recommend changing the .PRM method" as stated in your prev posting.

In your response you're saying

This means that right now the hookflash is too short and is not being recognized by the PBX.

SO, all I need to do is fix (i.e. enlarge) the hookflash length ? And that I would do in Dialogic DCM, right ?

Thanks.

== LEVENT ==

Edited by SupportTeam

I reinstalled Dialogic's wav drivers.

In Dialogic TSP I removed all default checks in the "PBX Strings" tab. It was like that with the other IVR-server (has two D/4PCIs) that runs on the same Siemens HiPath3750.

Then in the "Board Params" tab I tried 10, 20,50 and 60 as "Flash time"s, none seems to work.

With the other IVR-server the flash time is set to 10, and it can transfer calls fine.

As mentioned before the O/S is Win2000Pro, and Dialogic is D/120JCT.

Any ideas ??

== LEVENT ==

In the Dialogic Configuration Manager (DCM) what is the 'Country' field set to?

Have you tried editing the .PRM file yet? If yes then can you tell us which .PRM file you edited. If you are unsure which two letter prefix applies to your country you can try setting the filename you want the system to use explicitly in DCM's "ParameterFile" setting.

OK. The foll did the trick:

Apparently the Dialogic card was expecting a command for transferring the call which I added in Dialogic TSP's PBX Strings tab: Just exclamation marks "!" in Forward, Hold and Transfer boxes.

Then checked the Flash Time in the Board Params tab to make sure the value (10) fell within the range specified in the settings for the PBX. The Siemens Hipath3750 was set to accept a "Minimum Pulse Rate For Flash" of 4 and a Maximum Pulse Rate For Flash of 12.

Attached are the screenshots for the Dialogic TSP as well as for Hipath3750 Manager.

Hope it helps somebody else among the VG users community.

== LEVENT ==

scrnshts.zip

Thanks you for posting how the problem was resolved.

Looks like you are now using "TAPI" to make the call transfers (please see the TransferControl_TelBoards setting in VG.INI file) which means that the Dialogic TSP needs to be told how to do the transfers (as you have done it).

If you were using the "Generate" method then the settings from the "PBX Strings" would be used (see the Edit menu in the VG Script Designer).

The screenshots that were included in .zip document are attached below for more convenient viewing.

post-2-1083999012.gif