VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Basic Question About Outdialqueadd

I have a very basic question about the Dialer_OutDialQueAdd COM function.

The Help function says that this COM object will add an entry into the OutDialQue database, which VGDialer uses to make calls.

I have seen various examples of the syntax on this forum so now have a pretty good idea how to structure the bit of VB Script that will write an entry to the OutDialQue database.

However, what I don't understand is where would this VB Script be written and how would it be triggered: e.g.

1) Do I put it in as a VB Script module inside a VoiceGuide Script (.vgs file)? If so, how would I get it to start running?

2) Or would it be a Module inside my Access database (I will have a database with customer phone numbers in it)?

3) Or should I save it as a .vbs file, and if so, which folder would I put it in so that VG Dialler can see it?

Or is there some other way that I need to do it?

I will need to grab some of the parameters for the OutDialQue from my Access Database (such as number of retries, because it will be different for each customer).

Hope you can point me in the right direction.

Easiest way to run your own VBScript file (.VBS file) is to just run this command:

wscript YourScript.vbs

wscript is the Windows Script Interpreter and it will execute the contents of the YourScript.vbs file.

see: http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/en/pr...wsbasedhost.htm

To call the Dialer_OutDialQueAdd from the Access database just use the Dialer_OutDialQueAdd command (and associated CreateObject etc) in the VBA code behind your even or command in MS Access...