VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Upgrading From V5.0 To 5.2.1

I am intending to upgrade vg 5.0 on win2k sp2 to win xp sp1a vg 5.2.1.

I have the dialogic 5.1.1 drivers.

Questions ?

1. can I upgrade under my current license ?

2. what are the requirements/prerequisits ?, ex drivers, service packs etc.

2. what is the recommended platform for v 5.2.1 ?

your assistance would be appreciated.

regards

v5.0 licenses work for v5.2

Just uninstall v5.0 and install v5.2 - please note that when uninstalling v5.0 the entire VoiceGuide directory tree is deleted - so if you have saved any of your scripts somewhere in VoiceGuide's directory tree then you should back them up before uninstalling v5.0

To get call transfers working under XP you may need to do this:

Determine which parameter file is used by the Dialogic Configuration Manager and then change the hookflash length specified in the parameter file.

The release/installation notes which came with the card should inform you what Parameter File you should be specifying in the DCM - if you do not have the release notes then contact the supplier and they should be able to advise you which .PRM file to use.

If you have not specified the parameter file explicitly in the Dialogic DCM's "ParameterFile" setting then you can determine which parameter file is being should be used based on what "Country" is specified. The filename of the parameter file loaded for a D/4PCI is xx_d4p.prm where "xx" is based on what country is selected.

Eg: If country setting is "Australia/NZ" then the prefix is "an" and the paramter file is: an_d4p.prm.

The parameter files are located in Dialogic's \DATA\ subdirectory (Usually "C:\Program Files\Dialogic\DATA").

You will need to change the line:

# PARAM 52:(DECIMAL WORD) 50 # Hook Flash/earth recall duration

to:

PARAM 52:(DECIMAL WORD) 10 # Hook Flash/earth recall duration

ie: remove the # at the beginning and change 50 to 10 - parameter is in 10ms units, so a setting of 10 will indicate 100ms.

Then restart Dialogic service for it to read in the parameter file.

Thanks,

So I take it the dialogic 5.1.1 drivers will work with xp or wont they ?, previous posts regarding drivers for xp are confusing to say the least.

rgds

Dialogic System Release 5.1.1 is OK on XP. Information for Dialogic about this was confusing at first.