VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Seems To Answer Outgoing Call

Hi,

I have a problem that happens about every 5 attempt at setting message wait lamps.

After it has dialled the code to set a lamp it starts to run the script again, see attached portion of the trace log.

I just remembered that I down loaded a script engine in error of a java vm from Sun. Could this be affecting it?

Stuart

fault.txt

Thanks,

I will test it today.

Also can you set multiple retries on the message wait lamps, Ican't find any info in the vg.ini or in the message lamp area of setup.

As soon as one of the designated lines becomes free VoiceGuide will use that line to send the required tones to the PBX for it to turn the lamp on or off. After the tones are sent then the call is considered a success - as the PBX would have received the DTMF tones and should have turned lamp on/off.

There is no need for any 'retries' setting...

That is an assumption but not a fact, for many reasons the PABX may not act on the first attempt to set a lamp, the PABX I am intergrating this with does not always do it first time, I have discussed it with the vendor and they know the issue and it is to be fixed possibly in a future release.

Regards

Stuart

Sounds like your PBX required that the voicemail system tell it twice (or more) that a lamp should be turned on or off...

We have not come across such a situation before, all PBXs we tried would just need to be told just once to set a lamp on/off - so VG was designed to send that information to PBX only once...

Which PBX are you using?

Please update your VG v5.2.1 installation with attached .EXE, then in VG.INI file, section [PBX] please add this entry:

DialMsgLamp_RepeatDialCount=3

This will result in VG repeating the command to the PBX the specified number of times.

It is probably desirable to select just one line on which these messages to the PBX would be sent - just to ensure that messages are not sent simultaneously from a number of lines. To do this you can either:

1. just enable one of the lines to have outgoing calls allowed on it.

or

2. In 'Edit'->'Pbx Command Strings'->'Message Lamps' specify one line to be used to send the message lamp control messages. Looking at the previous trace you should maybe just use the Line ID of 9 in that text box. ie: just type in the digit 9 in that text box.

VgMulti_5.2.1038.zip