VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

How To Know That Ext. 'on-hook'

PBX knows when the extension is placed back 'on-hook'.

Most PBX's also have a "CTI interface" through which VoiceGudie can receive this information as well. VoiceGuide can then send any calls which it has waiting to the agent which is now free.

Hi,

I'm using VG 5.2.1, Dialogic D/4PCI and PBX Panasonic KX-T336, I don't know wheter my PBX have a "CTI interface" or not, what I wanna do is to know that one (or more) ext line is free and ready to receive a call transfer. Could you give me detail guide how to do that?

On VG help file I found that above scenario is posible when Inband Signaling applied, again how to create Inband Signaling file for my PBX?

Thanks

Anton

I wanna do is to know that one (or more) ext line is free and ready to receive a call transfer

The only way to find this out is if

A: The PBX tells you that a particular handset is now on-hook - and VG is configured to listen to this CTI info sent by PBX.

or:

B: If the person at the extension clicks on some button on an application that then sends a signal to VG telling it that a particular extension can receive another call now.

option B is not very practical usually.. and that is why PBX has to have some sort of CTI interface (SMDI etc) to make it all work. Speak with your PBX supplier if they can add on a CTI interface to your PBX as an option.

B: If the person at the extension clicks on some button on an application that then sends a signal to VG telling it that a particular extension can receive another call now.

waht kind of signal to be sent, maybe you can give me a sample script to do this ?

Regards

Basically you need to write an application which is on each agents PC that would update a central database which keeps status of each agent.

Then when VG transfers call to agent it would mark that agent as 'busy' in the agents database (AgentsDB) and when agent clicks on the button in their app it would mark them as 'free' and awaiting further calls.

There also needs to be a database of calls (CallsDB) into which the VoiceGuide script adds an entry when a new call arrives.

Then you need to have a separate app (CallRouter) which runs separate to VG which looks at the CallsDB and if there are any calls in to then it looks at the AgentsDB and if it finds an agent which can take the call then it issues a command to VG script which is now playing 'on hold' music to transfer the call (see the Script_Goto COM command http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/html/com_...Script_Goto.htm ).

The CallRouter can be a just a VBScript running in a loop.

Right now I cannot release any scripts which implement any of the above - but if you are a little familiar with VBScript then you should be able to set up this system.

Ok,

Thanks a lot. I will try that scenario, perhaps it's can act as "Real ACD".

Regards

Anton

We've had some customers report to us that they use VoiceGuide as an ACD.

(ACD = Automatic Call Distribution / Automated Call Distribution)

I think in most cases they had a PBX which had a proper CTI interface as well so that they knew when each call was finished - they you can see if an agent is not taking calls for a long time and alert a supervisor...