VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Won't Say Amount Of Price Correctly

Please help. I'm stuck on 'say price' module.

The data was retreived in mysql, data type is 'decimal 15,4'. After 'price query' module the voiceguide window display right amount of price. But the 'say price' module only say the first digit. for example price is 26.25, it will say 20. I set the module to say 'dollar and cents'. thanks for help.

I see that you are using a comma as the decimal point?

If that is the case please place attached file in VoiceGuide's \system\vbs\ subdirectory - this file regards both "." and "," as decimal points...

If this does not resolve your problem please post a copy of VoiceGuide's Debug Printout which captures the problem, this will allow us to see what is going wrong.

(When running the script click on VoiceGuide's View menu and select 'Event Trace Log' option - any log information will then appear in this window. You must open the trace window before making the call.)

lib_num2wav.vbs

Did you place the supplied .vbs file in correct place? Did you make any changes to it at all?

tests on our system show the correct amount being played:

182408.30  8 [say1] Say numbers: 26.26 as Amount - Dollars And Cents

182408.30  8 fn    PlaySoundStartNumbers , , 26.26, Amount - Dollars And Cents

182408.30  8 sVbsFunctionToUse=AmountDollarsAndCents

182408.31  8 Started SayNumber VBScript OK. (C:\Projects Parallel\vg32 5.2.1\data\vbs_8_SayNumber.vbs)

182408.33  8 cl    Play_Start 20.wav,6.wav,dollars.wav,and.wav,20.wav,6.wav,cents.wav

and it works regardless whether a full stop or a comma were used as the decimal point indicator:

182442.80  8 [say1] Say numbers: 26,26 as Amount - Dollars And Cents

182442.80  8 fn    PlaySoundStartNumbers , , 26,26, Amount - Dollars And Cents

182442.80  8 sVbsFunctionToUse=AmountDollarsAndCents

182442.81  8 Started SayNumber VBScript OK. (C:\Projects Parallel\vg32 5.2.1\data\vbs_8_SayNumber.vbs)

182442.83  8 cl    Play_Start 20.wav,6.wav,dollars.wav,and.wav,20.wav,6.wav,cents.wav

whereas on your system the SayNumber.vbs caused something else to be played:

192803.66  0 [say price1] Say numbers: 26.26 as Amount - Dollars And Cents

192803.69  0 fn    PlaySoundStartNumbers , , 26.26, Amount - Dollars And Cents

192803.70  0 sVbsFunctionToUse=AmountDollarsAndCents

192803.91  0 Started SayNumber VBScript OK. (C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\data\vbs_0_SayNumber.vbs)

192803.95  0 cl    Play_Start 2.wav,thousand.wav,6.wav,hundred.wav,20.wav,6.wav,dollars.wav,and.wav,0.wav,cent

.wav

could you please post the file vbs_0_SayNumber.vbs from VoiceGuide's /data/ subdirectory - we can then see why on your system the SayNumber script indicated that this should be played:

2.wav,thousand.wav,6.wav,hundred.wav,20.wav,6.wav,dollars.wav,and.wav,0.wav,cent

.wav

whereas on our test system the correct set of files were played:

20.wav,6.wav,dollars.wav,and.wav,20.wav,6.wav,cents.wav

Another thing is why you apparently only hear the first file out of the set of files that ought to be played...

Are you using a voice modem or a Dialogic card on this system or something else?

Thanks for your helps, Guys. I reinstalled the VG and everything is fine now. When I was installing the VG my computer froze,So I installed two times. I guess probabally that caused problems.