VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Purchasing VG

I want to purchase VG but I just want to know a couple of a things first:-

1) I am currently using a Rhetorex card so I will use either the mac address or hard drive serial number (is this the serial number on the outside of the drive or is there an internal number, if so how do I find it) option for the security key but what happens if the card / drive becomes faulty?

2) Documentation, besides the help file is there any documentation that expains in more depth things like inband, system variables (full listing), description of modules ie Voicemail Box, Voicemail Retreive and what scripts they use etc.

3) Upgrade paths ie new versions.

4) When using the "Voicemail Retrieve" option in a path what script does it use, I thought it may have been VmLogin.vgs but I have modified the script and tried to access it through eg on {1} goto [Voicemail Retrieve] but it does not change, it is still the same?

Regards

Stuart

what happens if the (network) card becomes faulty

In cases when the network card fails we will re-issue the registration code

(such situations happen very rarely).

inband, system variables (full listing),

Inband variables are defined by yourself - please read:

http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/html/Inba...ndSignaling.htm

Result Variables are listed in: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/html/Resu...ltVariables.htm

Also you can just look at what RVs are set during script execution - the VG Trace Log is showing all new RVs set. (When running the script click on VoiceGuide's View menu and select 'Event Trace Log' option - any log information will then appear in this window. You must open the trace window before making the call.)

Both of the above links are just pages from VG Help file.

Upgrade paths

Minor point upgrades are free (this usually means free upgrades for about 6 months).

what script does it use,

Easiest way to find out is to look at what the VG Trace Log is showing during execution. (When running the script click on VoiceGuide's View menu and select 'Event Trace Log' option - any log information will then appear in this window. You must open the trace window before making the call.)

NICs do go faulty and if they are an intergrated type on the motherboard you could also have motherboard issues which result in the change of a motherboard and hence the NIC, hard drives also go faultywith anoying regularity especially if they are on 24/7.

The question was answered by you saying that you would re-issue the registration code.

Regarding documentation, the question still stands, do you have other more detailed documentation, I know I have to write the inband intergration, I have already done that but trying to interface that through scripts etc seems to be the issue and I was after more detail on using your software and what system based variables you have, after reading through the forum not all of the info is in the help file.

I am going to purchase the Enterprise version and I want to use message lamps, it says in your information on the website that it can do it and does not require the dialler, is this correct.

Regards

Stuart

Also I asked where do I find the serial number for the hard drive, is it the number on the case of the hard drive?

Regards

Stuart

4+ line licenses end up just being linked directly to the Dialogic card - again, if the Dialogic card happened to fail we will issue the code again.

All supplied documentation is contained in the VoiceGuide Help file - this includes the system defined RV's. What specific information couldn’t you find in the Help file?

VG Dialer is needed for Message Lamps to work. VG Dialer is required to do any outbound dialing - and setting a message lamp involves placing an outgoing call from VG to the PBX... I'll have the website information updated.

If the Unique ID begins with a letter 'H' the that UID is linked to the Hard Disk.

Not too sure how you would find the actual serial number of hard drive.

So I have to buy the dialler when your site says that message lamp activation is included in the Enterprise 4 line version, its a bit late to change the website!

Stuart

nobody picked this up before... I guess this is as pretty much everybody who buys Enterprise buys the Dialer as well...

The webpage in question has now been updated.

All I want to do is turn on the lamps, why do I need to spend 50% more to do that, I don't want a predictive dillaer or outbound calls etc.

Stuart

Any outbound dialing (and line selection/logging etc that goes with it) is done by VG Dialer. That is how the VoiceGuide system works.

Some systems do not require to place an outbound call to change a message lamp (guess that's where the confusion arose) - on these systems VG can control the lamps through the use of the vm_events.vbs VBScript.

See "\system\vm\vm_events.vbs" file...

To turn lamp on VG would call the vm_msglamp_on() function in that file, with the extension number as parameter - then the VBScript can be modified to send message to PBX via a CTI interface. Interface used depends on what PBX supports.

I understand that it uses the dialler to set the lamps in a non CTI scenario but when I initially read it I thought that maybe the Enterprise version may have had a cut down version of the dialler that may have been limited to that one function.

So I have no option at this point in time, I see you have change the web site already, very fast.

Ok so I will purchase the Enterprise with Dialler, the unique number is M3406, does this mean it is looking at the modem (H was for the hard drive). I am going to migrate this to another PC using a Dialogic card in a few weeks, if it is the modem I could just install the modem in that PC if not as youy have said you will supply another registration code.

Regards

Stuart