VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Supress Ringback Or Mute

The application I am developing needs to collect the ANI. I understand that this is delivered (in most areas) between the 1st and 2nd ring on POTs telephones. Once the ANI is collected, the call is allowed to passthru our PBX via a Blind Xfer to a second number. This second number my be busy... We would like to avoid the initial ringing heard by the caller (two to three cycles) then hear a busy.

Question: Is there a way to suppress the initial "Ring-back" heard by the caller. Sort of a Mute until voiceguide answers and the $RV_CIDNUMBER has been collected? This way, if the final number is busy, then likewise... the caller hear only busy-signal.

Thanks

Masterdrone

The ringback heard by caller is played to them by the caller's own phone company... the only way to stop caller hearing ringback is to answer the call.

In practice the only what you would be able to answer a call immediately and stop the caller from hearing any ringback would be is you use digital ISDN lines. When using ISDN the ANI gets supplied immediately when the new call arrives - and call can get answered immediately.