VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Inband

I am trying to use a script with inband signalling for an auto attendant:-

1) If the value of "$RV[inband_TOC]" indicates the call is direct from a trunk it goes to time switch to determine day or night and then onto a menu for "Sales", "Service" etc, this part works fine and it works fine.

2) In the same script I send users straight to their vm box to receive their message without the need to enter their vm box number by using "VmLogin.vgs" by using a value of "$RV[inband_TOC]" that means direct call from an extension and the value "$RV[inbandCalling]" which indicates the vm box, this works fine.

3) Send incoming callers to an individuals vm box by detecting that it has been call forwarded to the vm by "$RV[inband_TOC]" but how do I send it to the vm box of the called user by using the value "$RV[inbandCalling]" which contains the users extension (which equals the vm box).

I want to use the [Voicemail Box] path but how do I pass the vmId to it.

Regards

Stuart

Just specify the Result Variable in the goto path... sounds like you should be using:

on {timeout 0} goto [Voicemail Box $RV[inbandCalling]]

For a similar example see the Voicemail Server demo script.

That would be entered in the Path tab.

If the answer is yes to that, how would I do it in a script and without the on {timeout 0} goto etc.

I tried the following but the call just disconnects?

I am testing the TOC for different call types in the inband in a script.

Note:-There are other cases within the script

select case "$RV[inband_TOC]"

case "21"

' Call Forward All

VG.Script_Goto iLineId , "Voicemail Box $RV[inbandcalling]","",""

end select

The quickest way to branch to voicemail box directly after answering the call is to just use a Play module, and leave the "sound file to play" as blank (or specify "none"), set the number of "replays" to 0 and then use this path:

on {timeout 0} goto [Voicemail Box $RV[inbandCalling]]

caller will be taken to voicemail box immediately.

or you can of cource use the VB Sript module as your starting module and make all decisions on what to do next from there - just like you showed in your previous post...

If you are experiencing any problems with it please post your script and a copy of VoiceGuide's Debug Printout which captures the problem, this will allow us to see what is going wrong.

(When running the script click on VoiceGuide's View menu and select 'Event Trace Log' option - any log information will then appear in this window. You must open the trace window before making the call.)