VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Delivery of Voicemail Messages to phone

Hello;

I am trying out your software for our company. I am trying to get the basics to work with our equipment and understand your software before buying it.

I used a basic mailbox module. Gave it a phone number to Forward messages too.

The program answers the call, prompts for the mailbox number, prompts to leave a message after the beep, hangs up when finished. All this goes well.

It then dials the number, says the greeting and to press 1 for your messages. After pressing 1 nothing happens (no recorded message played) and there is silence. After hanging up the phone that was called by the forwarded number, the software does not hang up. I have to press (Hang Up Call).

So, I can't get the program to play the message it has and tried to deliver.

I tried using the Pager module and it worked fine. Calling back in to retreive a message worked fine. But, in our company, it is a MUST that messages be delivered to cell phones.

Your software seems to be the best we've demo'd and look to buy it, if we can get the message delivery portion working.

I've attached the log.

Our system:

2.5ghz Cerleron 512 meg of ram

Window XP Home

Creative Labs External Modem Blaster V.92 voice/fax/data (latest drivers).

Sound Blaster Live sound card.

40 gig HD w/80% free space

I look forward to hearing from you.

John

0421vgm.txt

Just tested voicemail message delivery on a Dialogic based system and message was delivered OK (used the version available on our web site + Send Phone Message bugfix)

Looks like there is a bug when delivering voicemail messages when using a Modem...

Can you try using a Dialogic card? It is preferable to use a Dialogic card for voicemail systems anyway as it has much better sound quality.

Will try to see what the problem is on the voice modem systems - will post any updates in this thread.

The attached .exe fixes the bug with voicemail message delivery to telephone on voice modem systems.

(as stated before this issue did not affect systems using Dialogic cards)

please unzip attached file and place in VoiceGuide directory - then restart VoiceGuide.

VgMulti_5.2.1027.zip

Dear Sirs:

Thank you for the very fast response and fix. This is encouraging when evaluating new software. We are a real estate office and evaluate software to recommend to our membership. This type of software appears to have many features to help our numerous small offices.

Now, back to the problem.

The dialogic card is currently out of the question.

This patch fixed the delivery of messages over a voice modem. However, when the script goes to the next part of the menu offering to replay the message, delete the message etc, it stops again and keypresses will not make it continue on or activate the menu options. The window shows the following portion of script just sitting there:

[VmRmMenu] Running VB script

When the phone that was dialed by the script is hung up, the script does NOT see this and keeps the phone off hook, no timeout detected.

We look forward to working with you and hope to get these small bugs worked out.

Thanks again for the fast response

Johnmcc

Could you please post a copy of VoiceGuide's Debug Printout which captures the problem, this will allow us to see what is going wrong.

(When running the script click on VoiceGuide's View menu and select 'Event Trace Log' option - any log information will then appear in this window. You must open the trace window before making the call.)

In our testing (with a voice modem) all worked fine - after accepting call the menu listing number of new and saved messages was played and after selecting "1" to select ‘new messages’ and then listening to the message we could replay/save/delete messages etc with no problems.

Note: if the recorded voicemail message contains some of the busy tone that is played by the phone company after caller hangs up - then when this sound file is played back the modem may mistake the tones at the end of the sound file for a busy signal and hang up the call..

If this is happening with your modem then you need to adjust the RecCutIfHangupBytes setting in VG.INI file. Default setting is:

RecCutIfHangupBytes=32000

which means "cut off 2 seconds from end of sound file if busy tone was detected"

with some modems you may want to cut off more to stop listening to the busy tone at end of message, eg: to cut off 4 seconds you would use:

RecCutIfHangupBytes=64000

Thank you again for such a fast reply. I'm attaching a debug file for showing that after the delivery message is heard then the menu offers "press 2 to save the message and hear the next". When 2 is pressed it stops and the script appears to go into a loop without going any further.

In my next message I will attach a log file showing, after message delivery the menu item "press 3 to delete the message and play the next". Again, the program appears to stop after pressing 3 and looping.

We are excited about the fact that your program and excellant support system will fit the needs of our office and other members offices.

Thank you for hanging in there with us.

John Mcc

NOTE Thanks for this suggestion of the busy signal in the voice message, however, that was not our problem.

press_2_to_save.txt

I forgot to mention. Delivery menu item "press 0 to return to main menu" that takes you back to the main menu works fine. So, it's just menu items 2 and 3.

Thank you again.

Could you please reproduce error one more time and then immediately afterwards (before any other calls are placed on this line) .zip up and post here all of the ".vbs" files from VoiceGuide's \data\ subdirectory.

These are the .VBS files that are actually running when you see all of the "LsRunWaitTillFinished EV_TIMEOUT_CHECKONSTATE" in the trace. We should be able to work out by looking at them as to why they are not completing in a timely way on your system...

Thank you once again for the fast response.

Here are the VBS files as requested.

This is the error from;

Message delivery, press 1 to play the message; that works. Then press #3 to delete the message and play the next; which doesn't work.

Thanks again.

John Mcc

vbs_files.zip

Please place attached file in VoiceGuide's \system\vm\ subdirectory, then make another call into the system and select "press #3 to delete the message".

Please post the trace from VoiceGuide's Debug Printout which captures the call.

This will let see which part of the script which deletes the message is not working on your system

FYI:

The new vmLogin.vgs contains more debugging in the module [VmRmMenu]

When working correctly the new vmLogin.vgs will produce trace similar to below (taken from our voice modem test system):

082035.41  0 vm    VmRmMenu sLastKeyPress=3

082035.41  0 vm    VmRmMenu CreateObject(Scripting.FileSystemObject) call {3}

082035.42  0 vm    VmRmMenu FileExists(sVmMsgCurr_Filename_FullPath) call {3}

082035.42  0 vm    deleted 0002_0422102728_1_0__.wav

082035.42  0 vm    VmRmMenu  VmMsgList_GetList(1, 1) start

082035.42  0 vm    VmRmMenu   DirFind_DelimList(C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\data\VmSave\0002_??????????_1_*.wav) start

082035.44  0 vm    VmRmMenu   DirFind_DelimList oFolder.Files sNames_orig=[0002_0422093614_1_6__.wav;0002_0422093852_1_6__.wav;0002_0422094253

1_6__.wav]

082035.44  0 vm    VmRmMenu   DirFind_DelimList oFolder.Files sNames_newestfirst=[0002_0422094253_1_6__.wav;0002_0422093852_1_6__.wav;0002_042

093614_1_6__.wav]

082035.44  0 vm    VmRmMenu  VmMsgList_GetList(1, 1) return [0002_0422094253_1_6__.wav;0002_0422093852_1_6__.wav;0002_0422093614_1_6__.wav]

082035.44  0 cl    Script_Goto 0, , VmRmPlayMsg, [VmMsgCurr_Filename]{0002_0422094253_1_6__.wav}

082035.44  2 tr    NewVgsVgm_Goto ,VmRmPlayMsg,[VmMsgCurr_Filename]{0002_0422094253_1_6__.wav},,,0

082035.44  0 rv    add [VmMsgCurr_Filename]{0002_0422094253_1_6__.wav}

082035.45  2 tr    NewVgsVgm_Goto 1

082035.45  2 tr    NewVgsVgm_Goto 2

082035.45  0 TimeoutClear

082035.45  0 [VmRmPlayMsg] Playing

vmLogin.vgs

Hi

Once again, thank you for your fast response. I put the file into the directory and ran it again. Same problem, script will not advance to the next option after pressing 3 to delete.

Thank you

John Mcc

new_3_delete_message_log.txt

The debug version of vmLogin.vgs shows us where exactly the problem is on your system. We can see from the trace that Windows is not returning control to the script after the VBScript instructs Windows to delete the file:

093350.20 0 vm VmRmMenu sLastKeyPress=3

093350.23 0 vm VmRmMenu CreateObject(Scripting.FileSystemObject) call {3}

093350.27 0 vm VmRmMenu FileExists(sVmMsgCurr_Filename_FullPath) call {3}

093350.28 0 vm VmRmMenu DeleteFile(sVmMsgCurr_Filename_FullPath) call {3}

This is after we have confirmed that the file does exist - FileExists() function returned ok ....

A possible cause of this is that some anti-virus software tries to block VBScripting commands. Here is info on how to turn off that feature in Norton AntiVirus:

Turning off script blocking in Norton AntiVirus

If you are using any Anti-virus software I'd recommend uninstalling it and trying running your voicemail delivery scripts again.

If that does not help then there is something else on your system which is blocking the execution of the DeleteFile command - you will need to find what is causing this and removing this application...

If you cannot find what is blocking the execution of the DeleteFile command the I'd recommend just re-formatting your hard disk and using a clean install of Windows... then you are guaranteed the DeleteFile command will work...

FYI:

The file which VG was trying to delete was:

C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\system\vm\VmSave\0002_0426093255_1_0__.wav

(this can be worked out by looking further back in the supplied trace)

Thank you! From our tests on your product we have concluded two things.

1- The product is excellent and works as advertised. (We tested others before we got to you and those products all seemed to be missing what we considered to be key components for our use.) One of the strongest features of the program is it's ability to keep a trace log.

2- Your customer support is top notch. Nothing is more frustrating than having a program that seems to work for everyone else in the world but won't work for you. Your support team never left us hanging. Responses always were clear in their suggestions and offered real help. Support is of more importance to us than anything else when choosing the products that we will use in our business.

To top it all off, we told you at the begining that we were just testing the software for possible purchase. In other words we were using the demo version and you still treated us like we were important to your business.

You can expect our order of your product today.

Thank you!

I forgot to tell you that you were right on target with your suggestion that Norton Antivirus had script blocking enabled and that it was our problem. As soon as we turned it off everything we were having trouble with in VoiceGuide started working. We never would have thought of that!

Thanks.