VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

SayNumbers is not speaking to me

Hi. I am trying to build a new VoiceGuide installation v7.7.3 using VG scripts from our existing live system which is v7.6.42. We are using Windows 10 build 22H2 and a Dialogic 4-port card using driver set 275 from your download page. Our script attempts to recite a bank balance using the SayNumbers function but nothing is heard. Audio files are in place and tested OK. CallEvents log indicates that script steps are correct but execution time of SayNumbers is tiny.

153836.651|state|[Account Balance Enquiry] Playing wav (..\IVR Audio Files\Account balance.wav)|||||0|0|0|0
    153838.933|state|[Account Balance Result] Say Numbers: 3382.72 as Amount - Dollars And Cents|||||0|0|0|0
    153838.940|state|[To hear your balance again] Playing wav (..\IVR Audio Files\to hear your balance again.wav)|||||0|0|0|0

The vgEngine log file indicates an issue at start up:

130016.686   9                     Load_vgLib_SayNumbers begin
130016.686   9                     lib loaded: vgLib_SayNumbers, Version=7.5.6285.32074, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from: C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceGuide\system\dll\vgLib_SayNumbers.dll
130016.686   9               ERROR EXCEPTION Load_vgLib_SayNumbers GetType_ReflectionTypeLoadException
130016.686   9                     LoaderExceptions: Could not load file or assembly 'vgServicesInterfaces, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=4f342a61cca7f182' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)
130016.686   9                     Exception Items: Could not load file or assembly 'vgServicesInterfaces, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=4f342a61cca7f182' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

Audio works fine for other scripted events e.g. Playing wav above. The VoiceGuide licence has not yet been applied so it is running in Evaluation Work Trial mode, 20 minute restarts required. Grateful for advice how to resolve this issue.

Was this v7.7.3 installed into an empty directory, or was there a previous installation of VoiceGuide there?

If there was a previous installation then perhaps some apps or programs were not exited before v7.7.3 was installed, and you now have DLLs from different versions present in the VoiceGuide directory - which can lead to issues like this.

Solution would be to stop VoiceGuide service, exit all VoiceGuide suite programs and then - just to be sure - delete all .EXE and all .DLL files from VoiceGuide directory, and then install VoiceGuide v7.7.3 again.

If you still have issues after doing the above then can you please post the vgEngine trace the captures the system startup.

No need to include the call. Just the trace created after the VoiceGuide service has completed startup.

Also please post the DIR listing of the VoiceGuide directory.

The DIR listing can be done from the Administrator enabled PowerShell or the Command Prompt that is ran in Administrator mode.

Run the following to get the DIR listing placed into a text file out.txt:

cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceGuide"

dir > out.txt

and then post that out.txt file.

We can then see what is happening on the system and advise.

Many thanks for prompt assistance, issue is now resolved. I found that after uninstalling, there was a remaining vgLib_SayNumbers.dll left behind. I removed that file (was only DLL left) and found no remaining .EXE files. Reinstalled v7.7.3 and tested, all working correctly now.

At the same time, your Sales team have also been in touch and provided the correct licence file which has resolved my licencing issue, so everything is working correctly now. Many thanks to all involved in assisting me.

Kind regards, Gary