VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Timeout Or Failure?

We are using the Get Number Module for user data entry of an eleven digit number.

The settings on the Get Number module is to confirm the entered number, the number length exactly equaling 11. We have the replay counter set at three loops every five seconds before it is classed as a fail.

We are having problems in getting the module to recogise the difference between when the user entry has failed and when this has timed out.

Scenario a

If the user enters nothing, this is seen as a timeout and follows the loops.

Scenario b

User enters 4, 5 and nothing else, and the system sees this as a timeout, and does not even start the three loop cycle

Scenario c

User enters 4, 5, # the system asks to confirm 1 or 2, and then checks if it a eleven digits, and then fails when one is pressed.

In scenario b we need this to be recognised as an entry, so that we can advise the caller it should be an eleven digit number.

Any help on this one would be very much appreciated, as we can not think of a way around this problem!!!

This issue is being addressd right now and there will be fix relesed for this in a day or so.

Great, I look forward to the update...

Do I have to download a new version of IVG and re-register? We just purchased the 4 line pro version 7 days ago.

Many thanks

Vatsal

Hello,

I am also interested in knowing when this bug will be fixed. Could you tell me when?

Also could you give me the complete VoiceGuide version number.

Thank you.

The issue with "Exact number Length" feedback to caller was resolved in late March'03, and since then all versions of VoiceGuide behaved as per the Help file description:

Number length must be exactly X: once X number of digits have been entered VoiceGuide will start playing back the confirmation – and if ‘confirm entered number’ is not selected then VoiceGuide will immediately follow the appropriate path. If the caller pressed at least one key and then uses the "#" key or if VoiceGuide times out awaiting next key press then the ‘Entered number was not correct length’ message will be played, and VoiceGuide will wait for the caller to enter the numbers again (if ‘Entered number was not correct length’ message is not specified then the then original ‘Ask caller to enter number’ message will be played).

Thank you but could you give me the complete VoiceGuide version number. The date March 03? doesn't say much.