VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Wink Start Signaling

Instead of using the many analog lines that I have coming into a Dialogic D4/PCI card, I am going to transition to a T1. I'm assuming I need something like the D/240JCT to handle this. Quite a few toll free numbers are going to be pointed at this T1, and I would like to capture the toll free number being dialed (DNIS type stuff). My phone company tells me I can capture this info, so long as I use E&M Wink Start Signaling.

Not knowing all that much about telephony and the capabilities of Voiceguide, is this something I can do? Basically, I want to make decisions on what voicemail box the call goes to based on the toll free called. A little nudge in the right direction would be great.

Thanks.

Dana, we have this same board in a server that processes after hours orders and provides order status. It is connected to our PBX via station side T1. It will do E&M Wink start signaling for sure. Our app is running on a software platform different from Voice Guide however. I can't speak for Katalina Technologies for sure but would think VoiceGuide will do it as well. (After all... the Dialogic driver is what provides final instructions to the boad.) This Dialogic board complies with Bellcore LSSGR Sec 6, TR-NWT-000506. For more information lookup and read the Bellcore Specs.

P.S. This is the same as counting sheep. You'll be asleep in no time.

Good Luck!

Masterdrone

So, as wink start signaling is apparently no problem to use with the T1 card mentioned, I would then capture this dialed number info with the inband signaling capability of voiceguide? What voiceguide version would I need?

Thanks.

VoiceGuide can control 'Wink Start' T1 lines and there are a number of such systems in operation out there already.

You will require the Enterprise version of the software and the Dialogic D/240 card. Either the D/240JCT or D/240PCI or even the older version D/240SC (ISA) is fine.

All the instructions on setting up the Inband Signaling detection are in VG Help file.

You can use the free downloadable evaluation version of VG to test your system and then just purchase the license when you wish to enable the full 24 lines.