VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Register to Digital PBX

Dears:

I need to register to a VOIP provider , for testing I had Installed

1- Voiceguide on server 192.168.127.62

2- I had Installed Digital PBX (Office SIP) on 192.168.127.8

3- I had changed Config.xml as descried on online help

4- Firewall is completley disabled on both two machines

but register is failed , attached file contain all logs VG, Dialogic ,wireshark and office SIP logs

Please support us 

Trace1.rar

Regarding the Registration attempt with "OfficeSIP": WireShark trace shows HMP/VoiceGuide is sending a standard REGISTER message to 192.168.127.8, but OfficeSIP keeps replying to that message with a "401 - Unauthorized" along with some "Unrecognised SIP header" error.

OfficeSIP software's website seems to no longer be up, so it may be difficult to establish what the issue could be. What version of OfficeSIP  is being used here?

image.thumb.png.255426496d68157282c0a78944c8ba90.png

Have you tried just connecting to the VoIP provider that you intend to use?

Would recommend just doing that directly. Just set up a SIP trunk that you intend to use and proceed with connecting to it.

Also, we usually recommend using IP based authentication if this is a possible option, rather then relying on Digest based authentication.

Most SIP trunk providers can use IP point-to-point based setups instead of using regular Digest SIP REGISTER messages to maintain registration, or using them on every call.

To test SIP registration on a simple local setup one option is to use MiniSipServer from https://www.myvoipapp.com/

You can install it on another machine on same network segment. MiniSipServer comes pre-configured with a few extensions. (eg: user/pass: 100/100).

This VoiceGuide configuration in the <VoIP_Lines> section of the Config.xml is all that's required to register with it:

<VoIP_Registrations>

<VoIP_Registration>
<Display></Display>
<Protocol></Protocol>
<RegServer>10.1.40.166</RegServer>
<RegClient>100@10.1.40.166</RegClient>
<LocalAlias></LocalAlias>
<Expires></Expires>
</VoIP_Registration>

</VoIP_Registrations>

<VoIP_Authentications>

<VoIP_Authentication>
<Display></Display>
<Realm></Realm>
<Identity></Identity>
<AuthUsername>100</AuthUsername>
<AuthPassword>100</AuthPassword>
</VoIP_Authentication>

</VoIP_Authentications>

WireShark capture of the registration:

image.thumb.png.5436153e1e983b7cd120c00bfa2168ed.png

image.thumb.png.9d8789d0e774dd77ec08c4726717a7b5.png

image.thumb.png.ba9d40ce5e23d0b8807eebc3c326bf30.png

image.thumb.png.4070b0f595a9460c5769f3b79e6f945a.png

WireShark Trace file:

register_with_miniSIPserver.pcapng

I had downloaded myvoipapp application and installed it on machine 192.168.127.8 and the firewall is disabled as usual.

I had connected to my VOIP app application using microsip for testing and it connected normally

I updated the config file as attached but still getting 401 error

I updated config file and add value 192.168.127.8 for Realm but still getting same error

I attached all required logs 

NB: in wireshark log there is records for myvoipapp.com domain name , is that may affect any authintication?

Trace3.rar

Please leave the Realm entry blank. ie. have this as your <VoIP_Registrations> / <VoIP_Authentications> entry in the Config.xml:

<VoIP_Registrations>

<VoIP_Registration>
<Display></Display>
<Protocol></Protocol>
<RegServer>192.168.127.8</RegServer>
<RegClient>100@192.168.127.8</RegClient>
<LocalAlias></LocalAlias>
<Expires></Expires>
</VoIP_Registration>

</VoIP_Registrations>

<VoIP_Authentications>

<VoIP_Authentication>
<Display></Display>
<Realm></Realm>
<Identity></Identity>
<AuthUsername>100</AuthUsername>
<AuthPassword>100</AuthPassword>
</VoIP_Authentication>

</VoIP_Authentications>

Setting the <Realm> to "myvoipapp.com" should also work, but in the current setup there is no need to restrict the use of that AuthUsername / AuthPassword entry to a specific service provider, so you can leave <Realm> blank to make it simpler.

image.png.b6a5dcffe77053d0b8b2fd4613c4175b.png

Can you please post the latest traces from VoiceGuide's /log/ subdirectory-(vgEngine and the ktTel traces) - as well as the WireShark trace that captures the registration attempt.

We can the see what is happening on the system and advise.

This is a bug that has been resolved in a newer release of Dialogic HMP.

You will need to update the Dialogic HMP installed on your system, and you will also need to install a newer version of VoiceGuide to work with this newer version of Dialogic HMP drivers.

Please see our Downloads page and download the HMP drivers that are now linked to from there. The "DialogicHMP_for_VoiceGuide_540" drivers.

Install the new HMP drivers, and then install VoiceGuide v7.7.3 as per instructions at bottom of this post.

After updating the system to HMP SU 540, and then updating to VoiceGuide v7.7.3, you should see the SIP REGISTER succeed.

If you encounter any issues please post traces as before.

To change to a different version of Dialogic HMP:

1.    Stop the Dialogic service. You can use the Dialogic Configuration Manager (DCM) to stop the service.
2.    Uninstall Dialogic HMP drivers fully (do not save configuration).
3.    Reboot machine.
4.    Install the new version of Dialogic HMP. (You need to run the installer "As Administrator". Right click on the installer .exe to bring up menu that has that option).
5.    Reboot machine.
6.    Open the Dialogic Configuration Manager (DCM) and start the Dialogic service.

To change to a different version of VoiceGuide:

1. Stop VoiceGuide Service. VoiceGuide can be stopped by clicking on the VoiceGuide Service Monitor in the Windows's Icon Tray on bottom right of the taskbar and selecting "Stop".
  2. Exit all VoiceGuide programs. This  includes the Service Monitor applet in the Icon Tray area in bottom right of the screen,  as well as the Script Designer, Line Status Monitor, etc.
  3. Do NOT uninstall the previous VoiceGuide installation.
  4. Stop the Dialogic service using the Dialogic Configuration Manager (DCM), or Windows' Services Applet.
  5. Run the VoiceGuide install and install into same directory as existing installation.
  6. Start VoiceGuide service.

Note: Running a VoiceGuide install over the top of an existing install will NOT overwrite existing configuration or license files (Config.xml, ConfigLine.xml, VG.INI, etc) and will not remove any of users script or sound files, and will not remove any log files etc.