VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Openrecordset: 3146:odbc--call Failed.

Newbie considering purchase of enterprise system...

I am trying to open an ODBC Datasource but I keep getting the following error...

OpenRecordset: 3146:ODBC--call failed.

Here is a larger part of the log....

005736.71 6 [Load_Sys_Param] DB Query

005736.74 6 db ODBC mode used

005743.67 6 db About to execute a Retrieve type operation [sELECT Sys_Status, P_ANI, P_Acnt_No, PBX_Acnt_Code, PBX_Xfer_Code FROM Sys_Param WHERE Sys_Status = 'ON';]

005746.15 6 OpenRecordset: 3146:ODBC--call failed.

005746.45 6 TimeoutClear

005746.47 6 [Cannot_Cmplt_Call] Playing

How does this relate to Microsoft's Knowledge Base Article - 126940 located at http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...en-us%3BQ126940

Thanks

Which database are you trying to connect to?

I am trying to connect to an Access Database. The Database is name paremeters.mdb with the only table named Sys_param.

What are you using for datasource name and connect string?

Datasource Name: "Parameters"

Connect String: ODBC;DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (Parameters.mdb)}

Have you defined the ODBC datasource as per http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/html/conf...cDataSource.htm ?

Yes... I',m familiar with setting up an ODBC datasource (See next answer)

Can you try running a simpler query and see if maybe some queries work for you and some do not?

Yes... It works for another call later in the script using a different ODB Source.

Your ODBC Connect String in this module seems to be wrong. Please see the VG help file for a specific example on using MS Access via ODBC and the connect string used in this case. It should be:

ODBC;DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}

If you are connecting to the local Access Database then you can also just specify the database filename (& full path to it) in the "Database" field - then you do not need to specify any ODBC Connect String at all - again there are more examples on this in VG Help file's section on DB Query module.

It works for another call later in the script using a different ODBC Source.

... so maybe you should look at what settings are used in that other module and use them in this module as well...

Check your table permissions. I ran into the same issue connecting to a Sybase database through Sybase OCOS and I needed to grant update access to one of the tables.