VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Slow Machine

I am playing around with the trial version of VG 5.2.1, I am working on some IVRs for some companies. My problem is that my machine runs really really slow.

Built a 433 Celeron with 256M RAM, and a 20g HD.

1. Load Win 2000 server

2. Installed dot net FW

3. Loaded all hot fixes and SPs

4. loaded Dialogi 5.1.1 sp1

5. Loaded VG 5.2.1

The machine runs really slow, it seemed to slow down after I load the Dialogic drivers.

I have checked the CPU and Memory utilization, CPU is almost never being used. And memory is only using about haf the physical RAM. I have run perfmon to watch some counters but nothing seems to be out of whack.

So I figured, well it's a celeron, so I now have a 733 PIII 133fsb in it, now it seems to run even slower. Go figure.

Have you guys had any reports with the Dialogic drivers and Windows 2000?

I have even rebuilt the machine a couple of times and used different systems. I get the same results. The Dialogic card is a D41esc.

Thanks!

-Graf

That machine should be more then adequate for 4 line or 8 line systems.

Some of our test machines are of similar spec (400MHz) to what you are using and we use them to test 8 line configurations...

What is actually 'running slow'?

If CPU usage is not high you should not be seeing any delays with VoiceGuide responding to DTMF tones etc....

If you are finding that VG is responding slower on this machine could you please forward us the VG trace log printout from system which captures the problem.