VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Advice For First Board: D/4pci Or D/41epci?

Hi everyone,

I must say I'm very impressed with the level of participation on this forum. It's amazing to see how everyone helps each other out with their problems. Now on to my question...

I will be starting out with a 4-port board and have narrowed it down to either the Dialogic D/4PCI or D/41EPCI. It seems to me that the D/41EPCI has a few more features than the other card. But it also is going to be discontinued soon by Intel. What would you all recommend? Should I go for the older board with more features, or get the newer D/4PCI? What are the differences between the 2 boards? On a side note, the D/4 will cost me about $75 more dollars.

Thanks in advance for your help.

It may help to understand what I'll be expecting of this system...

1. Detection of which phone number the person dialed in on. I will have two 800 numbers that each point to their own pages in the application. From reading these forums, it seems that I will need to make sure the lines have "inbound signaling" enabled. Is this something that I need to make sure Sprint enables for me? Or is this a feature of the voice card?

2. Caller transfer to my cell-phone. What are my options here? Will I have to tie-up 2 phone lines, or can I use conference call on the same line they called in on? Since I'm only starting with 4-ports, the fewer lines tied up, the better.

3. Faxing. If the caller requests more info by fax, can either of these cards serve as a fax modem? Or do I need a dedicated fax card? Also, can I receive a fax through both of these cards?

4. Caller ID - I'm pretty sure both cards offer this.

That's pretty much all I'm looking for right now. If you think I should consider another Dialogic card, let me know which would be better. As always, cost is an issue.

Thanks again.

Thanks for the Call Trasfer info. That helps a lot!

So I can do call transfers with either card, just not "Dial and Conference" with the d/4.

Since the d/41 is $75 less, should I get it instead? What benefit is there to getting the newer d/4?

it seems that I will need to make sure the lines have "inbound signaling" enabled. Is this something that I need to make sure Sprint enables for me?

Your phone company would need to provide this. Speak to them to see if they can.

If they cannot then you will need to go digital, using an E1 or T1 line with ISDN protocol.

2. Caller transfer to my cell-phone.

You can just transfer the call, but this needs to be supported on the phone lines - check with your phone company on this.

If they do not support transfers then you can always use "Dial and Conference" feature of VoiceGuide.

3. Faxing.

VoiceGuide does not support fax itself, but it can queue faxes to be sent out by WinFax when setting up a "Fax on Demand" type system. see: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/html/modVbs.htm

4. Caller ID - I'm pretty sure both cards offer this.

Yes, both do.

No benefit of D/4PCI over D/41EPCI.

D/41EPCI has features D/4PCI does not have.

Hi,

I wondered if anybody knows any possible reasons other than the line provider not supplying it, why my application will not receive a callerID. I have enabled it in my profile by setting ANISupported=true and DNISSupported=true for each channel.

The setup is:

Board: D/240JCT

Line: T1

ISDN Protocol: 5ESS

Thanks in advance, if you need more info let me know . . .

Could you please post a copy of VoiceGuide's Debug Printout which captures the incoming call, this will allow us to see what is going wrong.

When running the script click on VoiceGuide's View menu and select 'Event Trace Log' option - any log information will then appear in this window. You must open the trace window before making the call.

You can enable the automatic saving of the logs to files in \log\ directory as well.

Please post both the MMDDvgm.txt and MMDDtw.txt traces.