VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Get Part Of Number In Get Number Module

Hi, My phone order system need check the user ID and product code number before the customer get result. Some customer don't allowed to access some product catelog. And the first digit of product code number is category number. So is it possible just get the first digit when customer enter poduct code number in get number modul? Thanks.

Two ways of doing this.

Simplest way is to just use multiple modules to get data from caller - they can be one after another and user will not know they are actually going through multiple modules.

Use "Get Numbers" module, and use the "number length must be exactly X digits" option.

To stop the module from playing any sound files you can use the word "none" where the name of the sound file would be.

The other way is to use VB Scripting to look at the entered numbers various digits.

Thanks for the reply. For the first way. When customer enter code number. I need get first digit use the "number length must be exactly X digits" option, at the same time I need get the whole number and sent it to database for retrieving. Is that practicable?

Yes - just use the result variables from the two 'Get Number' modules concatenated together (one after the other) in the SQL command. Each RV will be replaced with it's value - together giving you the entire entered number.