VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Play Msg Before Initiating Blind Transfer

On our PBX, there is a several second delay when a caller selects a blind transfer and any call progress indication. If the line is picked up within 2 rings, the initial caller does not even hear any "ring" tones (they seem to begin at 2+ rings)

I'd like to play a short message "Please wait while your call is transferred" before initiating the blind transfer. It seems simple enough, but I have not been able to make it work.

Try 1: Insert a play module between the GET NUMBERS module and the TRANSFER module - issue is how to path from the play module to the TRANSFER module without requiring additional keys from the caller.

Try 2: Replace TRANSFER module with PLAY module, attempting to play first the msg then the hookflash sequence separated by commas - syntax issue - can both occur in the same play command?

It's my first VG app, so forgive my ignorance if this is really obvious. I searched the forum and didn't find any similar questions.

-Rick

Insert a play module between the GET NUMBERS module and the TRANSFER module - issue is how to path from the play module to the TRANSFER module without requiring additional keys from the caller.

This is the correct approach.

You should use a "on {Timeout 0} goto ..." type path.

See the "Paths" section in the "Script Design" chapter of VG help file.

Your solution worked perfectly, thanks for the lightning fast reply.

/rick