VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

BUG: Dialer_OutDialQueAdd & Send Phone Message Mod

Hi,

I am using the vg.Dialer_OutDialQueAdd method to add outgoing call entries to the CallQue table in the OutDialQue database. I opened the table and the entries look OK, but no call are placed. I have VoiceGuide running.

Mike.

Can you please post the VB Script which you are using and also the database itself after the insert was made.

Are any of the lines on your system currently enabled for outbound dialing?

See View-> Line Device Config - the lines should have the "Allow VG to dial on this line" box checked.

Are you using VG in evaluation mode or is it licensed? If licensed then what is the license type?

Hi,

I used the following code as a template for the code I am using to place data into the CallQue table in the OutDialQue database.

set vg = CreateObject("VoiceGuide.CommandLink")

vg.Dialer_OutDialQueAdd "0,5551234", 0, 0, 0, "", "", "123456789", "DIAL_PAGER_NUMERIC", "DIAL_PAGER_NUMERIC", "", 0, 2, 5, ""

set vg = Nothing

When I initially tried to use the above code verbatim, I kept getting either 'paramater not optional' or 'type mismatch' errors. I looked at the database schema and then put in a value for 'priority' in the vg.Dialer_OutDialQueAdd call. Then I was able to run the below code to write the the CallQue table. I had to use variables in the vg.Dialer_OutDialQueAdd call because I couldn't figure out which paramater was the problem. Hope this is clear.

' vb.net code for mmckenna_itpro@hotmail.com dialer issue

Dim sErr As String

Dim vg As Object

Dim sPhoneNumber As String = "9,2773725"

Dim lActivateTime As Integer = 0

Dim iDayTimeStart As Integer = 0

Dim iDayTimeStop As Integer = 0

Dim sDaysCallAllowed As String = ""

Dim sLineSelection As String = "1"

Dim iPriority As Integer = 1

Dim sAnnounceMessage As String = "1234567"

Dim sScript As String = "DIAL_PAGER_NUMERIC"

Dim sAnswerMachineMessage As String = "DIAL_PAGER_NUMERIC"

Dim sRV As String = ""

Dim iAnswerTimeOut As Integer = 30

Dim iCallRetriesLeft As Integer = 4

Dim iDelayBetweenRetries As Integer = 5

Dim sOnNotConnected As String = ""

Dim sEscelationCalls As String = ""

vg = CreateObject("VoiceGuide.CommandLink")

Try

vg.Dialer_OutDialQueAdd(sPhoneNumber, lActivateTime, iDayTimeStart,

iDayTimeStop, sDaysCallAllowed, _

sLineSelection, 1, sAnnounceMessage, sScript, sAnswerMachineMessage,

sRV, iAnswerTimeOut, _

iCallRetriesLeft, iDelayBetweenRetries, sOnNotConnected)

Catch e1 As Exception

sErr = e1.ToString

End Try

vg = Nothing

OutDialQue.mdb

Hi,

I almost forgot, I checked all 4 lines and they are all enabled to dial out. I am running the demo version of VoiceGuide at the moment, but we purchased VoiceGuide Enterprise + Dialer 1 Line a couple days ago. An associate of mine just sent the ID number to you to enable you to give us the license number. Be sure to look at the previous post I sent.

Mike.

Can you try not setting the sLineSelection entry?

What are the LineIDs reported for the 4 lines on this system?

You can tell by enabling logging and then restarting VG and looking in the MMDDvgm.txt log file in VG's \log\ subdirectory.

Hi,

I set the sLineSelection to "" and retried the program. Still same issue. I am attaching the log files generated by VoiceGuide. There are error messages in the logs. Let me know what to try next. Thanks. Mike.

voiceguide_log.zip

put in a value for 'priority' in the vg.Dialer_OutDialQueAdd call

Thanks for pointing out the problem with our documentation on this one - we have now updated both the VG Help file and the online copy of the relevant page ( http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/html/com_...tDialQueAdd.htm )

Also, as you have pointed out there was an issue when sLineSelection was set to an empty string - ""

Looks like unless the sLineSelection was specified to be a valid line LineID (or a list of LineIDs) then no call was made.

If sLineSelection was set with a valid LineID (9) the call was made. Here is the trace from our test system after a valid LineID for the test system was used. The trace shows a numeric pager call being made immediately:

121710.73  0 cl    Dialer_OutDialQueAdd 19, 0, 0, 0, , 9, 1, 123456789, DIAL_PAGER_NUMERIC, DIAL_PAGER_NUMERIC, , 0, 2, 5, ,

121710.73  0 DialListDB_AddCall '19', 0, 0, 0, MoTuWeThFrSaSu, 9, 1, 123456789, DIAL_PAGER_NUMERIC, DIAL_PAGER_NUMERIC, , 0, 2, 5,  ESCALATION:

121711.66  9 dial  [2,19,0,0,2359,MoTuWeThFrSaSu,,9,,1,123456789,DIAL_PAGER_NUMERIC,DIAL_PAGER_NUME

IC,none,60,2,5,,none]

121711.66  0 dial  callque update id=2 next call time 0404021222

121711.66  0 dial  callque DB update returned

121711.67  9 dial  found entry: tel[19] ann[123456789] vgs[DIAL_PAGER_NUMERIC] am[DIAL_PAGER_NUMERIC]

121711.67  9 Dialing: 19

]

For the traces you supplied we can see that the valid LineIDs for your system are 5 through to 8 - we can tell this by looking at this part of the MMDDvgm.txt trace:

124604.53  0 Tapi device 8 is: Analog Line 4(dxxxB1C4)

124604.55  0 Tapi device 7 is: Analog Line 3(dxxxB1C3)

124604.55  0 Tapi device 6 is: Analog Line 2(dxxxB1C2)

124604.56  0 Tapi device 5 is: Analog Line 1(dxxxB1C1)

*** BUG FIX PATCH for v5.2.1 ***

We have now fixed the bug and updating your v5.2.1 installation of VoiceGuide with attached .EXE should allow you to queue calls without the need to specify the LineIDs. (we tested this new .exe on out test server and it worked)

Thank you for your assistance in fixing the problems.

VgMulti_5.2.1020.zip

Hi,

The version 5.2.1020 solved my outdialer problems. Thanks.

Mike.