VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Upgrade Sorrow

Why is it that everytime I download a new version the installer wants to completely remove the old version?

When the new version is installed the voicemail boxes and settings are all gone.

I made the mistake last time of putting my scripts in the scripts subdirectory and having them be deleted by the install.

I am a little smarter now and keep copies offline.

but that doesn't fix the voicemail issue.

comments?

There are plans to make the uninstall a bit smarter - asking user explicitly if they would like to backup their scripts and voicemail configuration.

Currently when uninstalling VG the entire VG directory is getting deleted - which is what most users want when uninstalling - there is a warning shown that this is going to happen - but there should be more instructions supplied on how the VG Voicemail Mailbox config should be backed up...

Basically to back up the VG Voicemail Mailbox config, the file VmBoxList.xml in VoiceGuide's \data\ subdirectory should be saved before uninstalling VG. Then after installing new version of VG to restore the voicemail config that file should be copied back into the \data\ subdirectory.