VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Newbie questions

Hi I'm too newbie about this and my english is too bad. Sorry :-)

If I have analog phone lines and Dialogic Board D4PCI, Can I have many simultaneous calls over the same channel? or only 1 call per channel until this will be transfer or hang up?

Thanks

A telephone line can only handle one call at a time.

Just like any telephone line: only one person can use the phone at a time...

Thanks a lot, so If I need to do an IVR and I want to attendant around 250 calls by hours, and each calls maybe is 8 minutes, which type of card I must use to have a good service?

The IVR answer the call and tell you "Please press 1 to save a message" "press 2 to speak with agent", so I need to do the transfer (I have PBX), and in this moment I think the line is free to answer the next call.. rigth?

Thanks Again

Melanie

And I forgot to tell you, I have a "toll free number" like 888 so Can I to assign that over PBX? over diferent directly number of PBX?

Thanks

The number of lines would depend on what is the maximum number of callers that you expect to be handled by the system at any one time.

Some complex statistical analysis is usually involved if you want to determine how many ports would be needed to ensure that (say) 99.9% of callers would get answered - but as a rough guide is you have 250 callers per hour and each call takes 8 minutes (which is a pretty long time...) then you should get about 60 ports to ensure that just about all callers can get through.

Thank yes I think 8 minutes is too much but is in order to have an idea ... so maybe I need around 60 port and I have a second question "I have a "toll free number" like 888 so Can I to assign that over PBX? over diferent directly number of PBX?" because I need 60 number over the PBX right? but I have onlu 888 ¿? How Can I do that???

Thanks again

You basically would just need to plug the T1 or E1 lines direct into the Dialogic D240 or D300 card in your computer and tell the telephone company to send calls to the toll free number to those lines... that’s about it, there is no need for a PBX.

Ok sorry about my ignorance, but are you sure that in any country it can do. i'm in Mexico and I know that I can have a E1 lines, but there are 30 channels and my toll fre are only one, so they tell me that I can assign my number to "one" number but I don't know if I can do for 30 channels ¿? ..... I don't know very well how works the E1 lines, Would you explain the basic for me please?

I know that this board have a conexion to put the E1 but where or how can I see the 30 channels, are virtual channels? and how can I conect that with the PBX? I need a PBX (or not?) because I must have an agent answer the call....¿?

Thanks again...

Melanie

In Mexico you will probably use a T1 line - not an E1 line..

The questions you have should be directed to the phone company - they are the ones who set up the lines and can tell you how they can set them up...

If you get a T1 line then you will be able to get 24 simultaneous calls on that line.

You do not need PBX. Just plug T1 into a Dialogic D240 card.

Oka I will ask to my phone company ...

... but if I need to transfer some calls to agents (like a IVR with press 1 to transfer...), I need to have a PBX (I think) and I need to know how I connect it with my board?

or maybe I must define (i.e) 12 lines to inbound calls and 12 lines outbound calls and when I have to do transfer I must do a external call? I a little confuse about this ...

And in adittion I try to dowload the VoiceGuide for CT Media

VoiceGuide for CT Media (18 MB) but I can't do that ... the system say thata this archive doesn't exists...

Thanks again ...

I waiting for your response ... thanks again ...

If using a T1 line then to transfer call to agent you can just place a call on another channel of the T1 line and then VG will connect two calls together.

It is pretty hard usually to do a proper call transfer on a digital systems - that's why most people don't bother using PBX when using a T1/E1 connection.

PBX is usually only used for Analog IVR systems.

Sorry my "Support Team" but I don't understand you ...

I need to do 2 differents applications to differents clients:

1) I must to answer a lot of call and insert into database some data in each one, your VG is perfect to do that. But I 'm not clear about the infraestructure that I need.

You tell me about I need aprox 60 lines, thats OK. In this example, I don't need to do a transfer, only to insert in database an some stuff about confirmations...

So, I need a server, A dialogic card like Dialogic D240 or D300, and a T1 Connection, and tell to my phone company that I need T1 connection and to send calls to the toll free number to those lines rigth?

What another options I have? differents of T1 Connections?

2) I must to answer about 200 call per day (less calling), and for this client I must to do an IVR, like press 1 to do something, and press 2 to speak with an agent.

You tell me "If using a T1 line then to transfer call to agent you can just place a call on another channel of the T1 line and then VG will connect two calls together."

But I can't imagine that, I receive a call but how I connect the agent? physically how I connect the agent? I think that the T1 Connection is like to have 24 line phone rigth? I must to define some line for incoming calls? where I connect the handset of my agents? Please If you can to explain with more details .. I'm very very newbie in that.

What are my options in the second example? Please let me know options maybe with PBX without T1, or T1 Without PBX?

I'm totally lost..I thank for much the time that can dedicate to clarify this doubt to me, I'm sure that when I take the options and how can do that, I will buy your tools, but while not even I am clear in the infrastructure

Thanks again

Melanie

1. Correct. All you need is two or three T1 lines which would be plugged directly into two or three Dialogic D/240 cards. That's it. Then you install VG on the same computer and tell the phone company to send the calls made to the toll free number to any of the available channels on the T1 lines.

Where I connect the handset of my agents?

If the agents have telephones attached to the PBX then you should have a card in the IVR which is attached to the PBX as well - that way to speak with the operator the IVR system would place a call on the card attached to PBX, dialing the agent's extension (or the call queue) and connect the two calls together.

Oka but I have a little question...

1.-

If the agents have telephones attached to the PBX then you should have a card in the IVR which is attached to the PBX as well - that way to speak with the operator the IVR system would place a call on the card attached to PBX, dialing the agent's extension (or the call queue) and connect the two calls together

This card is another card different of the Dialogic D240 or D300? or the same card?, or should be another card like D4PCI for example, with analogic lines? and if it is the solution, How can I do to connect both cards? in order to "put together both calls"? And when connect both calls, the first line is busy until the caller hang up?

2.- If I use in the example 2 (last post), a dialogic card like D120 (PCI board) Can I use for example, 8 line to attendant the IVR and 4 line to attach the telephone device through PBX? in this way, I can do the transfer with VG, that's is different of "put the two calls together" with VG too? and in this example, the first line is free to receive the following call?

Thanks again.

The other card would have to be something like a D/41JCT card - that card can connect to D/300 card in the computer and then two legs of a call can be connected together.

D/120JCT: Can I use for example, 8 line to attendant the IVR and 4 line to attach the telephone device through PBX?

Yes.

the first line is free to receive the following call?

As long as the line is used by a call it cannot receive any further calls. If you have a call on a line that is connected through the Dialogic card(s) to a line which goes into the PBX (which then connects the call to agent’s extension) then that line is used... so no calls can be taken by that line until call is finished.

If you are considering using Analog lines for the IVR then it's probably easier to just connect all ports on Dialogic card to extensions on PBX - then you can just do a call transfer instead of the "dial and conference" - and doing a call transfer would free up the IVR line for the next call as now the PBX would be connecting the caller with the agent.