VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Help Converting Wav To Mp3

There is an earlier thread with some instructions for using a DOS program for converting a WAV file to MP3. However, I'm finding it hard to follow, being a novice programmer in this area.

Does anyone have a script (or portion of) they wouldn't mind sharing for doing this conversion?

Thanks

Geoff

I'd recommend searching the web for software which you can use in a batch file to perform the MP3 conversion, we can only really spend time assisting on issues directly related to VoiceGuide...

(Why do you want to convert to MP3? Do you have a dialup connection somewhere over which you need to send the recorded sound files? Besides MP3 will not compress the sound files which VG creates that much - they are already optimised for small size...)

I guess it sometimes hard to know when VoiceGuide supports stops, since it is such a versatile product.

My problem is, I don't know how to script program commands in VoiceGuide. Perhaps someone would have some general script samples on how to launch a program and run a script to batch process, similar to what I would do if I was converting the audio files to mps. I am in the dark on that one.

I do need the files in MP3 format for a specific task, my purpose for considering VoiceGuide to start with. It's possibly a little outside VoiceGuide's normal applications.

Thanks

Geoff

If you need assistance with something like writing batch files then I'd recommend finding a local technical support type person which can assist you with such tasks.

Basically to run a set of commands you would type each of the commands you want to run on a separate line on a text file.

Then rename that text file to have a suffix of ".bat",

and then call that ".bat" file to be ran from the Run Program module...