VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Before I Buy

Hey all,

Before I go and buy this software I want to make sure it can do what I need it to. I need a call to come in on a line and simply transfer it in a round robin fashion to 5 cell numbers. Also I am not a programmer at all and don't even know how to script. If I buy the product will the company help me out with a script that will get me going?

The script sounds pretty straightforward, but it would require some basic Database use (or VB Scripting) to determine what is the next number to be called.

How many lines would you be purchasing?

Also:

1. Will you be using a Dialogic card? (If doing call transfers you should...)

2. Does your PBX allow transfer of external calls to another external number? If not then you will need to use a D41/JCT card (or D120JCT) and use the "Dial and Transfer" option off the Transfer Call module.

Would an additional line be needed for the outgoing calls to the cells?

To transfer calls you have two options:

1. If your telephone company supports call transfers on these lines then you can use "Blind Transfers" or "Announced Transfers" - depending on what works for your lines.

2. If your telephone does not support call transfers then you will need to use the "Dial and Conference" option - which uses a second line to place another call and then conferences the two lines together.

(Response from my boss :)

Steve, the phone company does support call transfers, so we could use

the blind transfer (I wouldn't need the announced transfer).

What I really need to know is if I buy your software will someone be available to help me make a script that will get this running. I have no one here that knows any type of scripting. It would really be a life saver if so!

Have you tried using VoiceGuide yet? Scripting is quite straightforward and a great majority of scripts take less then one day to set up...

If your application requires a more complicated script (eg: dating line script etc.) Please email your script requirements to support@voiceguide.com and we can give you a quote on doing the scripting work.