VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Vg's Call Control Support For Isdn

May I know if VG supports T1-ISDN even though it prefers T1-Robbed Bit (as indicated in previous threads)? I have just been aware that there could be issues in call control support at the application level (and issues would be less likely if VG is developed on the Global Call API).

Kindly advise. I am a little worried as I think I have subscribed to T1-ISDN and is starting to build solutions to be launched in less than 6 weeks. If there are some VG features that cannot operate / operate with conditions under T1-ISDN, then I would need to know the sooner the better before digging too deep in the programming.

Thanks for advising.

Robbed Bit is a lot easier to set up then ISDN, that is why it is the preferred way of configuring T1's (as mentioned a number of times already).

The process of implementing ISDN is a bit more complex precisely because of the differences in call control between different protocols and carriers (as you mention) - basically just about every telephone company does things their own way and a a little bit different to everybody else, so ISDN setups do not usually work just 'out of the box' (as they do with Robbed Bit).

There is a version of VG written to use Global Call instead of TAPI and it is made available to users who run T1/E1 ISDN systems.

(Global Call based version of VoiceGuide is not available for evaluation download - it is only made available to users purchasing 24+ line licenses who are running ISDN)

As mentioned in other post when the line is ready and you have a 'solid green' light on the D/240JCT please email us and we will then let you know what to do next.

Basically you will need to make sure machine is accessible via internet with PC Anywhere installed so that we may run some tests on the T1 line - then we can see how your line behaves and edit the call control definitions in the Global Call version of VoiceGuide to match what your T1 sends/expects.

Thanks for your prompt response (and you always do)! I confess the excellent customer service I get from VG is a key factor for me to choose VG --- although I have just purchased 1 license so far, you have been so helpful to work with me to progress to a bigger solution. So, of course, I would be more than happy to upgrade to the 24 lines license (likely and hopefully many more in the near future). In the past, I have encountered vendors who forces you to make the purchase before seriously supporting their products, which in the end turned out to be not the right solution for me.

So I'm comfortable to go ahead and will seek your help again when I get the 'green' light on D/240JCT (tentatively, the night of Mar 31 if progress is smooth).