VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Announced Transfer

Using a dialogic board, I simply want incoming calls to be transfered to a certain extension, 20.

In my script do I need only a transfer module as this module?

I would like calls to be answered by VG then sikply transfered to station 20, if station 20 does not anser the call for whatever reason I would like to play a sound file informing the caller of this...

The only way I have been able to get a blind trasnfer to work is by using a play module playing a "!" then use a blind transfer however I am able to achieve the same by simply placing the ext number after the "!" in the play module.

Henry

When I use the transfer module alone to execute a blind transfer the following is the debug:

112914.84 7 linedevstate 2048 0 0

112914.84 7 callstate OFFERING 66240 0 4

112914.86 7 callinfo CALLEDID

112914.86 7 callinfo ORIGIN

112914.86 7 ring 0

112920.84 7 ring 2

112920.84 7 Answer the call at 22/03/2004 11:29:20 AM

112920.84 7 lineAnswer(66240) => 65931

112921.40 7 callstate CONNECTED 66240,1,0

112921.40 7 WorkingModeTAPI@Connected=

112921.42 7 WorkingModeScript@Connected=

112921.42 7 Inband detection not enabled

112921.42 7 StartLoadedVgs at 22/03/2004 11:29:21 AM

112921.42 7 rv add [$RV_STARTTIME]{22/03/2004 11:29:21 AM}

112921.44 7 rv add [$RV_DEVICEID]{7}

112921.44 7 rv add [$RV_CIDNAME]{}

112921.44 7 AddRVns [PathApp]{C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\}

112921.44 7 rv add [$RV_CIDNUMBER]{}

112921.44 7 tapi Reply (LineEvReply) ok 65931 0

112921.45 7 callinfo MONITORMODES

112921.47 7 TimeoutClear

112921.47 7 TimeoutSet 0.4 EV_TIMEOUT_READYTOBEGINTRANSFER

112921.89 7 Timer fired EV_TIMEOUT_READYTOBEGINTRANSFER

112921.89 7 ScriptEventCode 9012 iLineState=1900

112921.89 7 LsXferStart EV_TIMEOUT_READYTOBEGINTRANSFER

112921.89 7 TimeoutSet 30 EV_TIMEOUT_ANNOUNCED_TRANSFER_ATTEMPT_TOOK_TOO_LONG

112921.90 7 [Transfer Call 2] Blind Transfer to 20 (TAPI)

112921.90 7 lineBlindTransfer(66240,20,0) in LsXferStart => 66239

112924.44 7 callstate ONHOLDPENDTRANSFER 66240 0 0

112924.75 7 linedevstate 2048 0 0

112924.75 7 callstate IDLE 66240 0 0

112924.77 7 WorkingMode@Idle=BlindTransfer

112924.77 7 TimeoutClear

112924.78 7 TimeoutSet 1 EV_TIMEOUT_TIMETOREINITLINE

112924.78 7 tapi Reply (LineEvReply) ok 66239 0

112925.84 7 Timer fired EV_TIMEOUT_TIMETOREINITLINE

112925.84 7 ScriptEventCode 9008 iLineState=1900

112925.84 7 LsXferStart EV_TIMEOUT_TIMETOREINITLINE

112925.86 7 ReinitTelephony due to IDLE

112925.86 7 tapic lineDeallocateCall(MainCall:66240) 0

112926.05 7 lineOpen(7)=>

112926.05 7 Waiting for a call...

112926.06 7 LineHandle=65556

112926.06 7 TimeoutSet 3 EV_TIMEOUT_ATERIDLE_ALLOWOUT

112929.36 7 Timer fired EV_TIMEOUT_ATERIDLE_ALLOWOUT

112929.36 7 ScriptEventCode 9013 iLineState=1900

If you need to play a message if the transfer was not answered then you should use Announced transfer.

Blind transfer will do just that - call will be transferred immediately and then the call will be hung up without VG waiting to see how the transfer went.

Thanks although this still does answer why a blind transfer is not working as per the attached debug script.

The trace of the blind transfer looks fine...

If you are finding that you are able to do a blind transfer OK when specifying "!20" in a Play module, but the Call Transfer module does not succeed with the blind transfer then this may be because the DTMF tones lengths or time between the successive DTMF tones has not been set in the Dialogic TSP to match what is expected by the PBX.

You may want to experiment making the DTMF tone length setting and interdigit delay setting in the Dialogic TSP more liberal (longer) and see if this changes anything.

The Play module does not use the TSP settings - it generated the DTMF tones individually...

When I call in from an external line VG ansers the call then I hear two DTMF tones played then the line gets hung up, as I'd like to narrow down the problem area as much as possible does this shed any light ?

I would have guesses that blind transfer would first issue a hook flash then the two dtmf tones, if I can hear the tones does this mean that the hoof flash is not being issued correctly by the transfer module ?

If during call transfer the caller hears the DTMF tones being played then this means that the hookflash was too short.

If the hookflash is too short then the PBX will just not notice it, and then the PBX will not place caller on hold to allow the PBX to start listening for the DTMF tones which would tell it what extension to transfer the call to...

You can also adjust the hookflash length in the Dialogic TSP configuration.

Which Dialogic System Release are you using and what version of Windows are you using?

Interesting that the hook flash works in the play module but not in the transfer module.

Windows 2000 Server

Dialogic Release SR 5.1.1

The Play module does not use the TSP settings - it generates the DTMF tones and hookflash tones individually...

For the call transfer module you can select if you want it to use the TAPI drivers to do the transfer (hence use the TSP settings) or to generate the tones itself as well, it is controlled using the TransferControl_TelBoards entry in the VG.INI file.

It is usually better to set the TSP settings right and let TAPI control transfers, this way you can also configure what busy tones the Dialogic card should be looking out for when doing an announced call transfer...

Sounds a bit too complex and I don't want to screw with too many things...

As I can perform a blind transfer using the play module without any fuss I'll continue using this.

This leads me to two more issues that I requires assistance with.

When a call is placed on hold it sits there for 30 seconds then starts ringing again on the line that placed it on hold, if after ringing on this line it is not answered it then rings on every extension of the pbx simultaneously until it is answered.

The ring tone that rings after 30 secs is slightly different to the incoming call ring tone so it is not recognised by Dialogic and hence the call remains unanswered, however the ring tone that is used on all extensions is the same as the incoming call ring tone and as a result every ext on the dialogic card answers this call and plays 4 scripts at the same time.

What I need to do is:

a) Incoming call is greeted then blind tansfer to extension 20 (this can be done)

B) After 30 secs when the call starts ringing again I need to recognise this ring tone and have Dialogic/VG answer the call at this point.

c) When answered identify that the call is not a new call and play a wav "sorry for the delay etc..." and then place the call on hold again.

As my PBX does not support inband signalling the only solution for step © I can think of is that new calls must flag the line as being a new call in a db or so, then when step © runs it would first check the line flag and is flagged know that this is an existing call. Of course for this to work the flag must be removed when the call is terminated.

So, the two questions I have are:

How do I get Dialogic to recognise the second ring tone ?

How do I identify when a call is terminated so that I can removed the flag ?

Thanks

Henry

How do I get Dialogic to recognise the second ring tone ?

How different is the new ring tone?

You may be able to adjust the Dialogic TSP settings of "min time ring detect" and "min time end ring" to set the Dialogic to detect both ring types.

Changing the Dialogic TSP settings is pretty straightforward - there is a easy to follow graphical interface that lets you edit those settings...

Another option is to see if you can change your PBX to always use the same ring signal...

How do I identify when a call is terminated so that I can removed the flag ?

To detect such information the PBX must support a CTI interface so that info about what is happening with each call and handset can be communicated to VG (using SMDI or other protocol). If your PBX does not even support Inband Signaling then I suspect that it would not support CTI interfaces either...

What PBX are you using?

Not coming from a telephony background I have no idea of how to adjust these TSP settings although I'm guesing it's not too difficult.

The standard ring tone is:

2 Rings Pause 2 Rings Pause 2 Rings Pause 2 Rings Pause 2 Rings Pause

The ring tone after the call has been on hold for 30 seconds, that is not recognised is:

2 Rings Pause 4 Rings Pause 2 Rings Pause 4 Rings Pause 2 Rings Pause 4 Rings Pause ...

The PBX I am using is a Commander Vision as supplied by Plestel in Australia. Into the Vision feeds two ISDN services.

http://www.plestel.com.au/Content/index2.a...sp?ContentID=35

If the PBX does not support CTI interfaces, not sure if it does or doesn't ? (Plestel origninally told me it supported inband signalling and I hence purchased VG enterprise only to then discover it didn't...) What is the best way to differentiate when VG answers the call between an existing call that has been placed on hold and timed out or if it's a new call entering the system ?

Thanks

Henry

As outlined in previous post please try various settings for "min time ring detect" and "min time end ring" times. Without CTI you will really need to find a way for Dialogic to detect the ringing.

I'd probably try to set both of them to low values first...

I'm not familiar in depth with the Commander Vision, but it does look as if it should support CTI interfaces - I'd recommend speaking to Plestel about this again...

Actually I find it really surprising that for such a system you cannot have any control over something as basic as the ringing tone on a call which is returned after not being answered - you should probably demand to speak to some more support people at Plestel as at this stage as well...

Looking through the PBX specifications pamphlet I notice that this PBX supports a Call Detail Recording interface - can you find out what type of information is sent on this interface, is it just summaries of connected calls or would it for example report when a particular extension goes off-hook? We would need fairly specific info so it's probably best to just ask Plestel to provide you with the full specifications of what this interface supplies.

When you advise below to chnage the settings to low values... where should these values be set ? I have little knowledge of the Dialogic system and don't want to stuff it up, can you give some more specific instructions please.

I understood from the previous post that CTI was simply used to detect when the call is hung up... so with CTI the phone system would inform dialogic of the call when it rings with the different ring tone ?

As advised I shall contact Plestel again and request to speak to someone more senior, I shall also querie the call detail recording interface.

Thanks

Henry

I would try setting the "min time ring detect" and "min time end ring" to a value of 1 or 2 which would represent 100ms or 200ms.

To make sure the new settings take hold please restart the computer after changing them.

Information provided CTI usually does indicate the nature of the call, but each manufacturer supplies CTI info differently - that is why you need to find out all the details of what is and isn't sent from the PBX over the CTI link under various circumstances to see what is and isn't possible. Basically this means that we need to see exactly what is each character in any message sent by the PBX to indicate the various events that have occurred (handset on/off hook, start/end of ringing, call connected/disconnected etc...)

At this stage I would say that you should concentrate on getting the ringing o the returned call to get recognized by the Dialogic card - this should be achievable through either changing the Dialogic TSP settings as outlined above, or by changing the config of the PBX.

I'll concentrate on the ringing as advised. So I should set "min ring time detect" and "min time end ring" both to a value of 1 then if that doesn't work set both to a value of 2 and see if that works ?

As I have two different ring patterns could you clarify if Dialogic listens for a particular sound that it deems as being the ring of the phone or does it look for sounds in a particular pattern ?

The std ring tone is:

2 Rings - Pause - 2 Rings - Pause - 2 Rings - Pause ...

The recall on hold pattern is:

2 Rings - Long Ring - Pause - 2 Rings - Long Ring - Pause - 2 Rings - Long Ring - Pause ...

In the above scenarios the pattern differs and the second pattern has a long ring however both use the same ring sound for the "Ring" part of the pattern. So if Dialogic recognises the "ring" part of the pattern regardless of the pattern it should be recognising both.

Thanks

Henry

So I should set "min ring time detect" and "min time end ring" both to a value of 1 then if that doesn't work set both to a value of 2 and see if that works ?

Yes.

As I have two different ring patterns could you clarify if Dialogic listens for a particular sound that it deems as being the ring of the phone or does it look for sounds in a particular pattern ?

A Ring is just alternating current sent down the line - Dialogic looks out for the alternating current and when it is there then that counts as 'ringing'.

It does not really look for a pattern, just counts how many times it goes on and off - but it needs to be on & off for a particular amount of time - and this is where the "min ring time detect" and "min time end ring" settings come in....

Is the pause in the "recall on hold pattern" as long as the pause in the "std ring tone" ?

Can you possible record both rings holding a microphone next to a phone handset when it's ringing and .zip the sound files and post them here?

I have tried values of 1 and 2 for both the "min time ring detect" and "min time end ring" values, rebooted after each change and the "recall on hold" ring tone is still not recognised.

I have spoken to the system's technical representative who has informed me that:

a) The "recall on hold" ring tone cannot be changed

B) The standard ring tone is as follows:

400ms on

200ms off

400ms on

2000ms off

c) The recall from hold ring tone is as follows:

1000ms on

400ms off

400ms on

1200ms off

I have attached a zip audio recording of these two ring tones as requested.

Thanks

Henry

IVR.zip

After having posted the above info I have my doubts as to the "recall on holding" ring tone timing as the "recall on hold" ring tone does sound as if it's the same as the std ring tone with a long ring after the two short rings however this is not reflected in the timing figures posted.

I shall clarify these values with the system's tech staff.

Thanks

Henry

What is your email address? I can arrange to have some s/w tools emailed to you which will help better determine what is going on.

PS.

Recordings show approx timings of:

normal ring: (3000ms cycle)

425ms ON

150ms OFF

425ms ON

2000ms OFF

recall from hold ring: (3000ms cycle)

425ms ON

150ms OFF

425ms ON

500ms OFF

1000ms ON

500ms OFF

support@katalinatech.com

(just click the "Contact Us" link at bottom of each web page)

I was informed that the next realease of VG would be able to recognise the recall from hold ring tone, has there been an updated release since 24th March 2004 and has this functionality been implemented ?

Thanks

Henry

Correct detection of the "recall from hold ring tone" (and any other "distinctive ringing") is getting included in the version of VoiceGuide written to use the Dialogic API - (not TAPI/Wave like the current version is using).

The "Dialogic API" version for Dialogic Analog cards should be available for general download in a 2-3 months time.