VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Need Script Help--probably Simple

I'm using VoiceGuide for a radio station. When a commercial is produced for a client, we will drop it into the VMWelc folder as, for example, 1001.wav. The client will have the 4-digit number 1001. The client will call our VoiceGuide number. The script will say, "...please enter your 4-digit number." They will enter the number and it will go to a Play module that will play the file $RV[welcome].wav. That part all works.

Next, I want to play another message that says, "To approve your commercial, press 1. To leave a message requesting changes, press 2." What I can't figure out is how to play a second sound file after playing the first one....it wants to wait for a DTMF.

I'm sure this must be easy to do. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve

how to play a second sound file after playing the first one....it wants to wait for a DTMF.

Two ways:

Approach 1.

From VoiceGuide Help file, "Script Design" -> "Paths"

Timeout Paths

Apart from paths taken when the caller presses a key, you can also specify paths which are taken upon Timeout.  The Timeout path will be take if a caller has not made a selection within the specified number of seconds. A timeout path with a wait time of zero seconds will be taken immediately after the last sound file in the module has finished playing.

So you should use a path like this:

on {timeout 0} goto [second module]

To create the path you can just type it in as per template above, or use the drop-down combo box on the module 'Paths' properties page to create the path.

Approach 2.

From VoiceGuide help file, "Modules" -> "Play"

Multiple sound files can be selected to be played by separating the successive files by commas. eg:

prompts\1.wav, prompts\2.wav

$RV[welcome].wav, approvemsg.wav