VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Dialogic D4/pci

I recently bought a Dialogic D4/PCI card, in order to use voiceguide with this card.

However there were no drivers shipped with the card, so which drivers do I need to install to use voiceguide with this card,

Do I need to install a TAPI driver

afaik you have to use tapi.

we didn't receive any dialogic drivers with our card.

let me get you the download link for the drivers (but they are quite big in size!).

thanks for the answer I downloaded the drivers and installed them on my XP system

the diagnostic software finds the card bit no tapi seems to be installed?

can you give me any help on this

From VoiceGuide Help file:

When installing the Dialogic software select 'Custom Installation' option and ensure that the  Global Call option is selected.

Global Call needs to be installed in order for the TAPI Driver to be loaded.

If the option for "TAPI Drivers" or "Springware" is available then select these as well - but these options are no longer shown in the latest versions of Dialogic's System Release.

Keep in mind that the Dialogic drivers aren't officially certified for XP.

Make sure you read the Release Notes that came with the System Release, they can be found in the Doc subdirectory, eg:

C:\Program Files\Dialogic\doc\release_guide.hlp

Search for the page on "Operating System Support" to find out which Operating Systems and their Service Packs are officially supported...

FYI when delivering turn-key systems for customers we use Win2000....

for tapi support you have to install the dummy drivers for the dialogic card (in fact it doens't need any drivers, but windows will ask for it -> dummy driver to shut up windows)

from dialogic site:

1. Run the Telephony applet in the Control Panel:

A. Click Start.

B. Point to Settings.

C. Click Control Panel.

D. Double-click Telephony.

2. Click the Telephony Drivers tab.

3. If the Dialogic D41MT Service Provider for NT does not appear in the Telephony Drivers tab, do the following to add it:

A. Click Add to display the Add Driver dialog.

B. Click the Dialogic D41MT Service Provider for NT to select it (if it is not shown, restart your PC and try again).

C. Click Add. The Dialogic TSP Configuration dialog is displayed.

4. Click Detect Boards to update the list of Dialogic board channels (dxxxB1C1 is board 1 channel 1). The list is updated to match the configuration that was most recently started. You can click Help to access on-line help for the TSP configuration.

5. Click OK to close the Dialogic TSP Configuration dialog. The Dialogic TSP should now appear in the Telephony Drivers tab. Note that the Configure button can be used to redisplay the Dialogic TSP Configuration dialog.

6. Click OK to exit the Telephony applet.

To install the Dialogic WAVE Driver

1. Run the Multimedia applet in the Control Panel:

A. Click Start.

B. Point to Settings.

C. Click Control Panel.

D. Double-click Multimedia.

2. Click the Devices tab.

3. Double click the Audio Devices item to expand it.

4. If the Audio for Dialogic WAVE Driver does not appear, do the following to add it:

A. Click Add.

B. Select Unlisted or Updated Driver and click OK.

C. Click Browse.

D. Select the Dialogic\LIB directory under the Dialogic home directory (normally C:\Program Files), and click OK.

E. Click OK.

F. Click Restart System Now.

Do the following to update the Dialogic WAVE configuration after adding, removing, disabling, or enabling Dialogic boards, or to view the actual number of Dialogic WAVE devices present on the system:

1. Run the Control Panel Multimedia applet.

2. Click the Devices tab.

3. Double click the Audio Devices item to expand it.

4. Select Audio for Dialogic WAVE Driver.

5. Click Properties.

6. Click Settings.

7. Click OK.