VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Max Number Of Rings

Mike wrote:

I cannot get the max number of rings to work with the dialogic config. Its set to 10 by defualt, I set it to 5, but it just keeps dialing. ( On outbound dialing ) I tried switching the Generate to TAPI in the Vg.ini file, didn't work after a reboot.

The time VG waits for outgoing call to be answered is not measured in 'rings' but in seconds.

Please see VG Help file - there should be more info on this there.

Oh I feel like an idiot.. Its ok, Thats the second time everyone gets to laugh at me!

Yeah ok, I see it, I should click on those tabs in the Number loader more often :)

My excuse is that I havn't used VG for almost a year now.... BUT, I have created an awesome script to do my automated telemarketing/Survey.

If anyone is interested in some Visual Basic work, a small script, that will take the $RV_CALLEDNUMBER variable supplied by VG, and enter it into a url. Ie the number has to be entered into the URL in a specific place, and the exchnage has to be seperate from the last 4 digits. The script would have to go to a Online directory with that number, do a reverse lookup, and read one of the forms on the web page, and put the name address and phone number into a new database.

This database can then be imported into Streets & trips to mark it with pushpins.

THE POINT: Predictive dialer that would ask, something like " Do you need a fence" they say yes, script does the reverse lookup, gets the data, then that database can be imported into Streets & Trips, to show what area of the city needs fences, or a higher percentage of people looking for a fence, or well, pratically anything you want. Possibly to deliver flyers or other advertising in those higher response areas.

Post here If interested.