VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Installing Wave Driver For Dialogic Card : Problem

Hi. I managed to install a Dialogic D/4PCI Card on my computer, and I followed the installation instructions from VoiceGuide's help file. It seemed to have worked fine, as the "Dialogic Wave Driver 1.x" appeared under the sound,video and game controllers section of the Device Manager. I started the TALKER32 application (Dialogic's TAPI application sample) and it worked fine, recognizing the lines, answering my call and playing a Wav file... But when I run VoiceGuide, it says "Wave Driver not installed". I'm working with the 5.2.1 Trial version of VoiceGuide, I've installed Dialogic's system release 5.1.1 Service Pack 1 and am working under Windows XP... Did I miss something?

After starting VG could you please click on VoiceGuide's View menu and select 'Event Trace Log' option.

The close VG and start it again.

Log files will be created in VG's \log\ subdirectory.

Please .ZIP the log files for the current day and post them here.

I take it that you have ran the VG configuration wizard after installing the Dialogic card?

I am having an issue with my Dialogic card's WAV driver not being installed properly.

It is under win XP pro. 5.1.1 SP1, with Global call extensions package added.

Where would I see if the drivers are installed? Control panel?

If they are not, how would I install them? I have tried installing VG and Dialogic software several times. I only hear audio on the sound card of the computer.

The DTMF is working correctly when you call in, other then the sound is on the sound card and not on the handset.

HELP! :) This is driving me crazy.

Is there a step by step instructions somewhere. Did I miss something during install, did I forget to do something? What options do I pick when I install the service release 5.1.1? Should I install the service pack 1? Global Call features? 3rd party support?

Ive seen this question posted serveral times, and I have read each post, and i have tried everything, even disabling the sound card ( Its built onto the mother board, other wise I would just unplug it)

Thanks!

Where would I see if the drivers are installed? Control panel?

Screenshots of what Wave driver setup should look like is in the installation instructions in Help file (online link to relevant page is http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/html/Inst...allDialogic.htm )

To remove other wave drivers got to Control Panel, double clock on System, select the Device Manager tab and go to Sound/Video/Game Controllers entry - then delete all other wave drivers.

You may have to disable the sound card altogether as well to stop Windows from automatically loading it's drivers - to do this just select "Disable" and then select "Uninstall" from the Device Manager.

I have looked at all of this several times, at least 30 now.

Please keep in mind this is XP pro, not 2000

There is NO Audio for dialogic in the hardware list under Sound And Multimedia (Control Panel)

How do I uninstall it if its not installed?

I have tried to uninstall ALL of the software, then install it again, and Global call etc. Its not working.

Does this even work in XP?

I just checked the dialogic card with the sample program that comes in the SR51.1

The audio plays fine through the phone line with that program.

Now that i wrote that, I'm thinking that that demo program probably doesnt use TAPI but access the card directly, where VG uses TAPI.

But I stall cannot find the WAV/audio Drivers fro dialogic anywhere in Control Panel.

************** FIX FOR DIALOGIC WAVE DRIVER *****************

After countelss hours, and useless posts of the same thing.. I figured out the issue:

If you are using Windows XP, have an unkown device in device manager, and no wav drivers installed, ie plays audio from PC speakers, read the following.

To fix the unkown device issue in Device manager:

1. In Device manager, click on the unkown device ( assuming it is your dialog card )

2. click Update driver

3. choose to install from aspecific location (advanced)

4. Click Next

5. Choose "include this location in search"

6. type C:\Program Files\Dialogic\DRVR " <------

7. Click NEXT, and the rest is easy...

To fix the WAV DRIVERS ISSUE!!!!!!

1. In control panel choose add new hardware.

2. Choose I have already connected the hardware ( assuming its in the computer :) )

3. Choose Add new hardware device ( its at the bottom of the list )

4. Then choose Install the hardware that I Manually Choose (Advanced)

5. Choose Sound, Video & gam controllers. Click next

6. click HAVE DISK

7. Click browse

8. Point to directory C:\Program Files\Dialogic\LIB

9. Probably says not tested with XP, clcik continue anyway

10. CLick next, Continue anyway

11 A dialogic prompt will ask for buffer threshold and AGC settings, I left them as the defaults.

12. CLick OK, then Finish.

AND THAT ladies and gentlemen make the audio work over the phone line.

I Hope KATALINA tech credits me for that EASY setup of the hardware and wav drivers, I did not need to uninstall sound card wav drivers to get this to work.

I suggest that Katalina Tech reviews these procedures, and posts the directions so they are at the top of the forum, and or put them in the help file for the software.

I read too many posts saying you had to remove the wav drivers for yoru sound card, I see no reason to do this. what a waste of time.

system setup:

Windows XP Pro

Dialogic D41/JCT-LS 4 port analog card

Base windows install, no other software

SR 5.1.1

The instructions on how to install the Dialogic wave drivers and how to placate Windows to stop showing the "unknown device" icon are already in the VoiceGuide help file - in the "Install on Dialogic Systems" section.

The link provided in a previous post points to the online version of that page from the help file : http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/html/Inst...allDialogic.htm

On that page you will find a step by step guide to installing Dialogic wave drivers that is almost word for word same as what you have listed...

I just searched the page, there is NO direction fro XP.

Keep in mind that XP is similar to 200, but simple things like open audio properties, and click hardware, will show you the hardware, but there is no ADD button there to add the hardware.

The Windows 2000 step-by-step install guide should be used for XP as well.

but simple things like open audio properties, and click hardware, will show you the hardware, but there is no ADD button there to add the hardware.

The instructions say to use the "Add/Remove Hardware Wizard"... not the "Audio Properties" window....

Here is an expanded version of the same Wave driver install instructions which are in the Help file (and on http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/html/Inst...allDialogic.htm ) with screenshots from WinXP included:

http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/html/Inst...vStepByStep.htm