VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Nothing In Event Trace Log

I just upgraded to 5.1.8, and the event trace log no longer works. It was working fine this morning with 5.1.7. Is there something I need to change to enable this feature?

When running the script click on VoiceGuide's View menu and select 'Event Trace Log' option - any log information will then appear in this window. You must open the trace window before making the call.

You can also tick the "Create Log Files in \log\ Subdirectory" option. This will start logging all log files to disk.

To double check that logging is turned ON by default look in VG.INI file, section [Log]

I understand this. My problem is when I make a call into my ivr with the event trace log open I do not get any information appearing. This feature worked fine with 5.1.7, any idea why it's not working for me now? I think I remember a previous version that needed a config file edited to make the log work. Is this accurate and should I check it?

Please look in VG.INI file, section [Log]

comments in that section should be self-explanatory

Here's what I got. I changed the 0's to 5's and it works now. This was the file insatlled by default when I installed 5.1.8, after completely removing 5.1.7. Am I the only one this is happening to?

;Automated "log-to-file" logging.

;To turn OFF logging for a particular application set it's entry to 0

;To turn ON all logging for a particular application set it's entry to 10

;all log files are saved in VoiceGuide's \log\ subdirectory

;log files are names as following:

;VoiceGuide: MMDDvgm.txt

;NumberLoader: MMDDtnl.txt

;EmailSender: MMSSes.txt

;TapiWrapOcx: MMDDtw.txt

;SapiWrapOcx: MMDDsw.txt

VoiceGuide=0

NumberLoader=0

EmailSender=0

TapiWrapOcx=0

SapiWrapOcx=0

Ticking the "Create Log Files in \log\ Subdirectory" option in the Log Trace window changes all these settings to a "10" - and then all the logging is done automatically to the files (even if you close the Log Trace window).