VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Auto-restarting Vg If It Crashes

As I was saying my system is up for 3 days, I took a "Error reading from memory" error. And the software crashed.

It would not be a big problem if I noticed the error first, however, the general manager have noticed.

I've searched the forum, and know that VoiceGuide doesn't run as a service. Because when my system restarts, first the dialogic services should start, and later the software running on top of it.

What I need is a software that will restart VoiceGuide whenever an error occurs.

Is there anybody solved this problem of mine before? What tool-utility should I search for?

Thanks in advance

We have not had any other reports of any "Error reading from memory" errors before. Can you tell us more about the error message? What other information was displayed in the error message?

Can you tell us more about your system configuration and the script which you are running (can you post the .vgs file?).

Have you written any VBScripts as part of your VoiceGuide script? Sometimes not freeing objects created in VBScript modules results system memory not being freed and that leads to memory problems - so that is one thing that I would check.

Please place the attached file in "C:\". Once this file is there and VG is restarted then log files will be created named: C:\VoiceGuideLogMMDD.txt. If the crash occurs again please post the log file for the day on which the problem occurred.

There is no mechanism for 'restarting if error occurs'...

You may also want to read:

http://voiceguide.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1054

TapiWrapLogSelect.txt

I have turned on the logs and ,read the other thread. I might consider switching to Windows Xp Professional too, if another crash happens.

In that case, hopefully my system id will be the same and I will be able to use my license on that computer as long as I use the same ethernet card (I've read it somewhere in the forum). Right?

Regards,

hopefully my system id will be the same and I will be able to use my license on that computer as long as I use the same ethernet card

The Unique IDs which stat with a letter "M" are tied to the Network (Ethernet) card. The Unique ID will not change if you upgrade the Operating System.

I have managed to understand the problem.

I am using version 5.1.8.

My script queries the database.

When my database is not available, that is there is not a connection between DB and Voiceguide, the ODBC password window is opened at the VoiceGuide side, and asks for the password.

When my database is again available, the system doesn't automatically carry on working, gives general protection fault instead.

Is there a solution to this problem?

Regards,

Have you checked to see if the database maker has released any new drivers which do not cause a GPF at ODBC reconnection time...

The ODBC password window would be popped up by the ODBC driver. This is not something that VG does. Maybe there are some options/settings that you can set in the ODBC driver to stop it from popping up that windows or just alter it's behavior so that it doesn't bring the rest of the system down...