VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Three Issues

1. I upgraded to the latest version the other day and since then have not been able to hear wav files play. The trace log looks fine to me, but I have no idea what would have changed. I reinstalled the Dialogic Wave 1.x driver, but am still having the same issue.

083925.14 17 Eval Expr result:[False]

083925.16 17 [Greeting] Playing

083925.17 17 [Greeting] Playing (C:\Sounds\Test1\CSGreeting.wav)

083925.20 17 PlaySoundStart ok [C:\Sounds\Test1\CSGreeting.wav]

083925.20 17 RunModule PLAY end

083925.21 17 RunModule PLAY end

083933.52 17 Play End line[17] (id=859405)

083933.52 17 LsPlayMsg EV_PLAY_FINISHED

083933.52 17 LsPlayMsgFinished EV_TIMEOUT_GOTOMODULE

083933.88 17 LsXferStart EV_TIMEOUT_READYTOBEGINTRANSFER

2. I notice that sometimes when I reboot the system, my default script for each port has changed. I use a "switchboard" script to answer the call and listen for DTMF on the line, and route the call to the appropriate program. If the call doesn't start at the switchboard, everything is messed up. Any idea what am I doing wrong?

3. The call log seems to only be displaying the variables from the first script. Is there any way to see the log details from the sub- or secondary-scripts?

Thanks!

Okay, I'm on a roll.

Running scripts

Pressing the [run script] button starts the current script on all Line devices selected to be used by VoiceGuide. If the VoiceGuide IVR is currently running, it will need to be restarted before the changes will take effect.

If the edited script is currently used by VoiceGuide then just saving the script will result in VoiceGuide using the new version of the script for any new calls arriving on the lines on which that script is active.

I've been pressing this button whenever I save the script I'm working on even if it is not the main script. I shouldn't be doing this, should I? Simply saving the script is sufficient?

have not been able to hear wav files play.

If this is still a problem please try re-installing the wave drivers for your telephony device.

You could try removing all the wave drives on your system (including any sound card drivers) and then re-installing the wave drivers for your telephony device first. Try calling in after doing this, and if the sound can be heard over the phone you can then try to re-install your sound card drivers.

To remove other wave drivers got to Control Panel, double clock on System, select the Device Manager tab and go to Sound/Video/Game Controllers entry - then delete all other wave drivers.

You may have to disable the sound card altogether as well to stop Windows from automatically loading it's drivers - to do this just select "Disable" and then select "Uninstall" from the Device Manager.

Simply saving the script is sufficient?

Yes - the script once saved will be updated in VoiceGuide as well if it is running at the same time.

Pressing the "Run" button will set the script for all lines, and start VG (in VG is running already the new setting comes into effect at VG restart).