VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Voiceguide Upgrade

I was not a happy camper applying the 5.1.8 install. It uninstalled my 5.1.7 install and removed all the mailbox configs and made me re-register.

Either I missed a step or the correct program to use to update the software, or this can be a major headache for someone who has a lot of mailboxes. I had to reconfigure all the software and everything.

Also, when running Voiceguide right out of the install, I got a script error -9 right after message stating it needs to run the configure for the 1st time.

Lance

Only one version of VoiceGuide can be installed on the system at a time.

Before uninstalling the previous version a message box would have been displayed advising that the application and all of it's components will be deleted, and if you proceed then the entire VoiceGuide directory will be removed. Right now there is no option to "Keep the configuration" when uninstalling.

If you want to save the voicemailbox configuration you can backup the file VmBoxList.xml from VoiceGuide's \data\ subdirectory. And after installing the new version that file can be then copied back into the \data\ subdirectory.

What about the DTMF settings? I had to go and research my DTMF settings for blind transfers, etc, because those were removed and I had no warning that I needed to remember those and had to re-enter them.

Does the Voicemail settings xml file have the passwords, etc?

Is there other xml files or other settings that should be saved and moved before backing up?

I did not see any prompt as you mentioned before hand. It may be good to either have an installer for upgrading 5.x to current or to have the installer do what it needs to updating files as necessary.

My two cents worth.

Lance

All things you mention are kept in VG.INI file...

I'll pass your comments on and we'll see how we can make upgrading more pain-free in the future.