VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Play File Causes Hook Flash! (?)

Hi,

We have just installed a D/4PCI dialogic card and have run the Voice Guide Software. Everything during testing was running OK until we tried first scipt using the Credit Card Demo. While playing the voice files, we would hear a 'click' and then the calling party was put on hold by the telco, and the answering line was given 'Easy Call Service' tone. This happened several times while the voice file was playing, switching the line inbetween being on hold and directly connecting to the voiceguide computer and hearing the wave file playing. This switching by the telco can only happen on the phone line if a hook flash is sent to the line. The VoiceGuide Event Log showed no events while this was happening.

Could this be a problem of playing uLaw files in an A-law enviroment? Any ideas?

Does anyone have an example of settings for Australia? Could someone please send me the frequencies for Busy, Dialtone, and Disconnect tone for Australia.

With thanks,

Bill Stoneham.

A hookflash cannot be sent while playing a sound file - a hookflash is a break in line current, not a particular sound played on the line...

If you are experiencing intermittent hookflashes I'd rather suspect a loose cable connection - a temporary break (of appropriate length) in connection would be regarded as a hookflash by the phone company's switch...

Does anyone have an example of settings for Australia? Could someone please send me the frequencies for Busy, Dialtone, and Disconnect tone for Australia.

See: http://voiceguide.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=599

I've already double checked the cabling for intermittant faults, as this is the most logical thing to do. I know it is totally ill-logical for this to happen.

It seams to happen when the voice file distorts in playing. i.e. When the voice signal 'clips'. It has to do with the maximum amplitude of the voice file.

I can only re-iterate that a hookflash has nothing to do with what sound files are played on the line.

Hookflash is a temporary break in 'loop-current' - a break in the connection back to exchange - just like what happens when the phone handset is placed 'on-hook'.

I'd recommend trying plugging a different phone line into the Dialogic card..

Have you configured the Dialogic card as per install instructions which cam with it? ie: Have you specified Australia/NZ as the country and selected the ParameterFile to be an_d4p.prm ?

Hi Again,

We have implemented all the features that you have suggested, and the card is functioning as it should with exception to playing voice files.

We have changed phone lines, and the parameter file to an_d4p.prm, and have adjested the busy tone frequencies as suggested. This has improved the hangup detection.

The problem is still with playing waves files. After the adjustments, the wav file plays for about 5 seconds, and then cuts out. You can see Voice Guide still playing the files, and detecting DTMF digits but with some digits missed.

I ran the voice mail program, and recorded my voice, except the voice was very faint, and the recording have some low frequency clicks in the background. Could it be the 11kHz voice files? As Australia uses A-Law?

After the adjustments, the wav file plays for about 5 seconds, and then cuts out.

Could you please post a copy of VoiceGuide's Debug Printout which captures the problem, this will allow us to see what is going wrong.

(When running the script click on VoiceGuide's View menu and select 'Event Trace Log' option - any log information will then appear in this window. You must open the trace window before making the call.)

except the voice was very faint

After installing the SR drivers the only settings that need to be done in the Dialogic Configuration Manager (if using the card in Australia) is to set the Country to "Australia/NZ" and specify the parameter file to be "an_d4p.prm". That's all that's necessary and will result in appropriate gains (matching the Australian telephone lines) when recording/playing being used by the card to ensure correct loudness on when playing or recording.

How did you play back the recorded sound file? Within VoiceGuide when listening to what was just recorded or over the PC speakers?

and the recording have some low frequency clicks in the background

The possible explanations for this is that either some component in the PC is causing some interference (electromagnetic inductance) directly with the recording circuitry on the card or the telephone line is picking up some interference from some electrical equipment near it...

Matching A-Law/u-Law is only done when Digital Dialogic cards - it's not done on Analog Dialogic cards - this is all set by the "Country" and ParameterFile.

As requested, I am providing a copy of the Debug Printout. Please note that the audio played to the caller only plays for about 5 seconds and then a click is heard, with nothing after this. There is some eror occuring at the bottom of the Debug Printout. Also a TAPI log file is being generated in the C:\, I will send this to you.

0219vgm.txt

Here is a copy of a recorded Voice file. Very low volume, with some clicking.

Questions for the Dialogic Voice Driver:

1) Should the "Map through this device" be checked?

2) Should the buffer value be 8196?

3) Should AGC be checked off?

0001_0219103009_1_5__.wav.wav

The sound file did not get posted - could you please .ZIP it up and post it again.

These are the settings for the Dialogic Wave driver which are on our test system (which records OK):

post-2-1077148366.gif

Could this be a PC interupt problem, with the PCI buss?

TheD/4PCI card is installed on a brand new computer.

The Dialogic test return all OK.

I am starting to think this is a low level problm.

As suggested by Katalina in Australia, I have tried running the Dialogic Demo program "Voice Horoscope Demonstration", with the same results as before. The voice file plas and ends with a click, with no more sound.

Note to other readers of this thread:

After speaking with customer it was confirmed that this board has a problem on its 1st channel's line interface circuitry resulting in both playing and recording being badly distorted on that channel and the line current on that channel getting cut intermittently.

Channels 2,3 and 4 are fine.

Intel is now in the process or replacing the board under warranty.