VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Script Not Saving

I have a registered copy of Voiceguide 5.1.7001. I alter the script, save it, and then when I come back to it, it hasn't saved any of my work.

Also, I am getting an error message when I try play the script and it "cannot find the specified voice file", even though I have selected it from the system folder, and can hear it if I click on the play button.

Please help me as I have just wasted about 2 hours of work!!!

Can you open and the edit/change & save any other scripts?

ie: is the problem just this one script or with all the scripts?

If the script cannot be saved usually it's because some other process has the file opened in exclusive use - in these situations you should either find out who else has opened up that file and make sure they stop using it, or try saving your script under a new filename...

I am getting an error message when I try play the script and it "cannot find the specified voice file", even though I have selected it from the system folder, and can hear it if I click on the play button.

Could you please post a copy of VoiceGuide's Debug Printout which captures the problem, this will allow us to see what is going wrong.

(When running the script click on VoiceGuide's View menu and select 'Event Trace Log' option - any log information will then appear in this window. You must open the trace window before making the call.)

This error in saving the scripts is happening in all scripts not just the one I am using. I am also on a standalone computer and hence no one else has it open. It does save if I save it "save as" however, this is something that I would like resolved as I will not always be the one working on this project and it SHOULD save when prompted.

Any further clues???

As for the sound file error message, disregard this as since it was not saving my changes, it was looking for a wave file from the old script which is no longer there.

Maybe the script file has been marked "read-only" by the operating system? Right click on the script file and select the "properties" option...

Sounds like renaming the script files works for you so I'd suggest just saving them under a different name and working with the new script file from then on...