VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Blind Transfers Solved!

Being one of the many people that seem to have trouble with blind transfers, I wanted to share this solution as I could not find it mentioned previously.

This may not be the solution for many others since we don't have VG hooked into our PBX but instead use a regular phone line with a hookflash transfer feature.

On a random chance after spending hours trying to figure out the hookflash settings, since that seems to cause the most problems, we decided to try slowing down the transfer process and that did the trick.

Apparently our hookflash was fine, the problem in our case was that the telco wants you to hold on the line just a few seconds after dialing the transfer number for the call to connect, so by adding a couple of commas (,,) at the end of the dial string for the transfers, everything worked fine.

VG was hanging up too quickly after dialing the transfer number which was causing the telco to abort the transfer.

I don't know if this will help anyone else, but knowing the frustration it can cause, I wanted to share it just in case it does!