VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

D/4pci Dialogic Am/live Person Detection

Hi Guys,

I'm currently testing this software and looks to me its really good.

I'm having a problem though, I'm now testing VG on its Outbound calling capability and its sometimes but not always detecting the difference between an AM and a Live person answering the call. Is there a way to set Voiceguide to instantly play my WAV file whether its an AM or a real person answering the call, right after the call is pick up. I have tried Disabling the AM detection in the vg.ini, the effect is that VG plays my soundfile even before the call is pickup.

Thanks for the help.

MBB

Just specify the same script (or .WAV file) be used in both cases - that way the same script will be ran regardless of whether the AM or human is thought to have answered the call...

hi,

yes, i alredy done that, the problem is that, when VG detected it as an AM the recipient has to wait for some time before VG start playing the WAV file, is there a way to configure VG to start playing the WAV file once the the called has been answered regardless if its an AM or a real person. (in other words, don't record to "Rec_AM.wav" just play the WAV file once someone answered).

Thanks,

MBB

is my question not clear ? or is there no way to configure it this way ?

To have VoiceGuide start the script/wav specified in the "When a Real Person Answers" text box even if the Answering Machine answers the call then you should specify:

ignore

in the "When the Answering Machine Answers" text box...

VoiceGuide will then not wait for the answering machine's message to finish playing - it will just start the script immediately...

This was an undocumented feature so it took a bit longer then usual to find out the answer. The availability of this option will be listed in future VG Help files.

thank you so much for replying,

just to clarify things, is it also ok to put " ignore " in the XML files ?

say ,

<OutDialEntry>

<PhoneNumber>xxxxxxxx</PhoneNumber>

<OnAnswer>c:\upload\bday.wav</OnAnswer>

<OnAnswerMachine>ignore</OnAnswerMachine>

<CallRetries>0</CallRetries>

</OutDialEntry>

Will this work ?

Thanks,

MBB