VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Listing Manager

Need a sense of direction.

I have a online real estate listing service. I would like to utilize VoiceGuide as part of the listing service.

I would like to have a real estate agent call into the system and record information about a property. Once recorded a customer would call into the voice guide system and put in the listing number to hear the details of the property.

Should I do this by voicemail boxes. If so, then how can I get rid of the recording feature of the voice mail box?

Should I re-record the system files to be tailored as a listing box instead of a voice mail box?

Do I go to vg.ini to change $RV[DIRSYSTEMVOICE]?

I need guidance if you are willing to provide.

Thank you very much.

-Brandon

I would like to have a real estate agent call into the system and record information about a property. Once recorded a customer would call into the voice guide system and put in the listing number to hear the details of the property.

Easily done. The easiest way would be to:

Agent calls in:

1. Enters ID they want to record.

2. Records the message.

3. Presses a DTMF key to finish recording

4. Listens to recording and optionally records again etc...

Customer calls in:

1. They just enter ID of house and then the message is played...

A simple script is attached at end of this post...

Should I re-record the system files to be tailored as a listing box instead of a voice mail box?

Any system files can be overwritten with your own files... but in your case there is probably no need as you should not use the voicemail system...

Do I go to vg.ini to change $RV[DIRSYSTEMVOICE]?

No need - you can use an 'Evaluate Expression' module in your script... see the 'Multilanguage' section of the VG Help file..

Real_Estate_Property_Listings.vgs

How cool is it that we can work with people like you half way around the world.

The internet has really brought the world to a smaller place.

Thanks to you all for the help.

-Brandon

USA

One more question:

How would I add a section to have the realtor enter in a pin number so they are not recording on top of another realtors listing?

Thanks

-Brandon

Just have another "Get Numbers" module in the script which would ask for the PIN...

I'd recommend just installing VoiceGuide at this stage and familiarizing yourself with the VG Script Designer.