VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Inband Signalling

We integrate our Commander Vision phone system with a D4PCI & VoiceGuide.

We run more than one business and I need to treat the calls differently.

I would like to determine the number that was called and treat the call accordingly.

I have no idea what the inband signalling format is for our phone system nor do I know where I could obtain this information. Is there a way of capturing the inband signalling data and then break it up ?

Thanks

Henry

Is your Commander Vision currently set up to send Inband Signaling?

It is easy to check if Inband Signaling is sent on the line: place an extension headset against your ear and keep the 'handset on hook' switch depressed so that that handset can accept calls, then make a call to that extension and when the call arrives lift the hand off the 'handset on hook' switch - if there is any Inband Signaling sent you will hear it then a quick series of DTMF tones.

(You will not be able to hear the tones usually if you just normally pick up the handset as the playing of the tones would have finished by the time you raise the handset to your ear...)

To see what Inband tones are being sent just have VoiceGuide answer a call with the first module in a the script being a 'Get numbers' module - any DTMF tones sent by the PBX will be captured by VoiceGuide and displayed in the status field for the line on which the call arrived...

It may be a good idea to approach your local Commander distributor as well and ask them if they have any information on the Inband information sent by those systems (and how to enable Inband Signaling if it is not currently enabled)...