VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Pervasive Database

I can not get this connection to work.

ODBC;DSN=DSNNAME;DRIVER={Pervasive ODBC Client Interface}

Any Help?

This question should really be asked in Pervasive's support forums at www.pervasive.com ( http://www.pervasive.com/devtalk/ )

We do not have experience with Pervasive, but a quick search for "Pervasive ODBC Client Interface" on http://www.google.com.au/groups brought up a few examples of how other people set up a connect string to Pervasive that works:

driver={Pervasive ODBC Client Interface};ServerName=PSQL2000Server;ServerDSN=Demodata

Driver={Pervasive ODBC Client Interface};

ServerName=SERVERNAME;dbq=DEMODATA;TransportHint=TCP

Thank you for the help. Call me stipid but here is the answer I got by trial and a lot of error....

ODBC;DSN=DSNNAME;DRIVER={Pervasive ODBC Client Interface}

OR

ODBC;DSN=DSNNAME;DRIVER={Pervasive ODBC Engine Interface}

Simple huh? The problem as it turned out was that I was doing a select * on a table with over 70 fields!!! VG did not like that at all. When I set SQL to "Select THIS, THAT WHERE THIS = THAT" all was good with my little world.

Thanks again.

P.S VG and Pervasive work well.

doing a select * on a table with over 70 fields!!! VG did not like that at all.

VG does not set any limits on the number of fields that may be retrieved - so doing a select * on a 70 field table should be OK.

Maybe there is some sort of limit in the Pervasive ODBC driver which is causing problems here....

Could you please send us a copy of VoiceGuide's Debug Printout which captures what happens when "select *" is used?

(When running the script click on VoiceGuide's View menu and select 'Event Trace Log' option - any log information will then appear in this window. You must open the trace window before making the call.)