VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Call Transfer To Various #s

Okay, everything works absolutely fine. Now the only thing that will not work is Call Transfer. I am not using a PBX but a telco line (aka telephone company line). My lines provide features of a PBX without the actual PBX being installed here on site. For instance, I have what you call Intercom which is basically like Internal Calling (pressing *20 gets main line, pressing *21 gets second line and so on). I have call transfer which I can transfer a call to anyboy I would like. To initiate a call transfer on any of my business lines, I simply would press the flash-hook listen or get a dialtone dial other party of where I am transfering the caller to and bring the 3rd party back on the line. I would then hangup my phone and they can continue to talk. So in all it initiates like a 3way call but the call is completely transferred. The modem type I am using is the Intel® 536EP V.92 Modem. Anybody wanna guide me?

and oh yeah...the directions the phone company gave me to do a call transfer is:

1) Press switchhook (which is just your flash button or the button you use to click over).

2) Listen for dial tone.

3) Dial third party.

4) Announce Transfer

5) Hang Up.

After dialing the 3rd party do you need to wait for them to answer the call before you hang up?

What do you press to get the original caller and the person you just called top be able to hear each other? Another hookflash?

Can you just do a hookflash+number dial and then hang up when the destination number starts ringing?

And the most important thing : Is your modem's hookflash the correct length for your lines? Have you tried doing a transfer and seeing if issuing a hookflash places the original caller on hold?

After dialing the 3rd party do you need to wait for them to answer the call before you hang up?

What do you press to get the original caller and the person you just called top be able to hear each other? Another hookflash?

Can you just do a hookflash+number dial and then hang up when the destination number starts ringing?

And the most important thing : Is your modem's hookflash the correct length for your lines? Have you tried doing a transfer and seeing if issuing a hookflash places the original caller on hold?

I tested this with a friend and she stated that when I

1) pressed the switch hook

2) listened for dialtone and dialed #

3) pressed the switch hook immediately after hearing it ring

4) and then finally hung up that she was transferred completely to the VoiceGuide.

So in all my transfer process is just like a 3way or conference call but allows me to drop myself from the call which turns the 3way or conference call into a transferred call.

No, I have to do a hookflash+number+let phone ring at least once and then hookflash and then hangup.

No I havent tested the hookflash of the modem as I dont know how to do that....(im new....)

You can just try to use a "Transfer Call" module to perform the call transfer.

Try it and see how you go with the hookflash...

The default settings for "PBX Commands" should work - but if you want to change them just select "PBX Command Strings" from the "Edit" menu in the Script Editor.

You can just try to use a "Transfer Call" module to perform the call transfer.

Try it and see how you go with the hookflash...

The default settings for "PBX Commands" should work - but if you want to change them just select "PBX Command Strings" from the "Edit" menu in the Script Editor.

I left everything default and didnt change anything.

Thing is I dont know how to do all that. I have the transfer module in and everything set. I just dont know how to configure this thing to transfer using the lines intercom dial settings. Like for instance I have it so it says, for website services press 2, for pc services press 3. For information about our firm press 9 or press 0 to speak with a representative. Press 2 and it flashes and hangs completely up.

My intercom dial settings are as follows:

Pressing *20 will ring the main number

Pressing *21 will ring the alternate number

Pressing *22 will ring another totally different number (in which I havent set yet)

or since my PC services is in another location different from the office, I will need to set that to the complete number. (7575551234).

flashes and hangs completely up.

Sounds like your modem's hookflash is too long, and the phone company ends up hanging up the call...

form VG Help file:

For best performance it is recommended that a Dialogic card be used in systems which perform call transfers. A Dialogic card can be configured to work with all types of PBXs and telephone systems. Voice modems have a pre-set hookflash (other wise known as ‘flash’ or 'recall' signal) length and most times cannot be configured to work with all types of PBXs and telephone systems.

i mean i hear it flash but I dont hear it trying to transfer or anything....so it flashes and does nothing....

Could you please post a copy of VoiceGuide's Debug Printout which captures the problem, this will allow us to see what is going wrong.

(When running the script click on VoiceGuide's View menu and select 'Event Trace Log' option - any log information will then appear in this window. You must open the trace window before making the call.)