VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Data From Apopens Does Not Import Into Voiceguide

Hi,

I’m trying to setup a new PC with a new install of Voice Guide. I have everything setup correctly, as far as I know, but Voice Guide doesn’t seem to be pulling in data from APOpens like it should be.

We have an older machine that is running the same software, with the same setup, but works fine.

Could someone help me figure out what could be missing to cause the software to not receive the data?

Thanks,

Could you please attach the .VGS script which you are using and the vgEngine file capturing the call.

We can then see what is happening on your system.

The vgEngine file is located on the VoiceGuide's \log\ subdirectory.

Please .ZIP up any files before attaching them.

The Config.xml file has not been set up on this system.

The Config.xml file needs to be edited to tell VoiceGuide which script to start after answering the call.

Right now no valid script is defined, so the system does not answer the calls at all. vgEngine trace shows:

114257.180  6   3   2 state Ring 2
114257.180  6   3   2       AnswerTheCallIfAllowed iIvrDev=2, strDlgcDevName_Network=dxxxB1C2
114257.180  6   3   2       rings=2, min rings before answer=2 (iCallerIdHasArrived=1)
114257.180  6   3   2       should answer as number of rings reached
114257.180  6   3   2 NOTE  not answering as no script attached to line. (VgsIdx=-1}

Also, attached script is set up to connect to ODBC source WNCTOPENS so you should ensure that you have an ODBC source WNCTOPENS set up on your system and it is connecting to your database.

BTW. This system uses a version of VoiceGuide v7 from over 4 years ago. Are you using this version as it is the same one that is used on existing system? Newest version of VoiceGuide v7 can be downloaded from our WWW.

I must have sent the sample Config.xml file. I have setup one that points to the correct script. When we call in, the software answers and runs the script. The problem comes when we try to input a user ID and password. It always tells us it can't be found.

I have also setup the ODBC source like it was on our old, working system. Running the test that the ODBC setup has built in, works correctly. The data just doesn't seem to be pulled into VoiceGuide.

Unfortunately we are preparing for a rare winter storm, and have put the old system back in place temporarily, so I'm unable to pull the correct Config.xml file.

The problem comes when we try to input a user ID and password. It always tells us it can't be found.

Can you please post the vgEngine trace capturing the call. We can then see what happened on the system during the call.