VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Error 339 Tapiwrap.ocx Not Correctly Registered

I'm trying to install VoiceGuide on Windows Server 2003. I know VoiceGuide is not officially supporting this new server but I admit I'm a little greedy to try on WS2003 based on my experience that many applications running on XP and be run on WS2003. Another practical reason is that this is the only server I have.

The installation process has been smooth, but when I launch the program there was an error message saying:

Run-time Error '339' : Component 'Tapiwrap.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered; a file is missing or invalid.

I'm using the Dialogic D4/PCIU voice card and have the version 5.1.1 and SP1 installed without apparent problems (even though it's WS2003) and DCM seems to be working as well?

Hence, I suspect if I could get this component registered, the problem may be fixed. Could anyone help me how I can manually get the component registered on WS2003?

Many thanks!

Did you install v5.1.7 of VG?

When installing you can choose one of the 3 'target options': Dialogic Analog, Dialogic Digital and TAPI. Which one did you choose?

I'd suggest trying the TAPI option...

Did you set up Dialogic's TAPI and Wave drivers?

Thanks! I followed your advice and could install VG (v.5.1.7). As I have a Dialogic Card, I previously chose the Dialogic Analog option; then I chose the TAPI option as advised and it worked.

My new problem is that I do not see the Dialogic Card in the setup wizard. Analyzing the Events Viewer, I discover the following error messages related to the Dialogic Card:

CTBBAPI.exe 01.50 bld 3 (release).

0x20000003 : CTBB_ERROR_NO_CLIENT: Client was not registered.

Exit value : 0x3.

CTBBAPI.exe -Lctbbapi.log -apiCTBB_AddToTDMBus -clientDLGCSRAM returned fatal error.

Dialogic System Service started

Any further advice for me to debug this? (Excuse me that I know this is a Dialogic card problem rather than a VG problem; but I think you may have more experiences here.)

We have not seen these error messages before (we don't work with Server2003) so it's hard to say what they actually mean...

At the end of the Dialogic log we can see a line saying that "Dialogic System Service started'.

Did the cards come up as 'green' in the Dialogic Configuration Manager (DCM) ?

If they did then you could try setting up Dialogic's TAPI and Wave drivers next...

As you are seeing such errors in the Events Viewer, and given that the Dialogic drivers have not been certified under Win2003 then I'd think about using Win2000 Server instead...

I finally realize I will need to purchase the Dialogic Feature Pack 1 which will support Windows Server 2003. Hence, perhaps it's easier I migrate to Windows Server 2000 instead. Thanks anyway for your help.