VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Smdr Integration

I would like to use a 16 port system using analog dialogic boards and integrate with SMDR so that I can have caller ID and other call information transfered from my PBX (which is where the calls will come in from).

Is this possible and what kind of set up would need to be done on the VG machine?

Each switch has their own SMDR (Station Message Detail Reporting) format - ie: each switch sends their SMDR info in a different way.

What switch are you using and do you have documentation detailing how the SMDR info is sent?

Is the SMDR link on your PBX via a Serial port or via an IP socket?

Can you capture what the switch is sending an post it here and we can tell you how to set up VG to correctly read and use the SMD info sent by the PBX.

(If your PBX uses a serial link to communicate SMDR then to capture the SMDR stream just use a terminal program on the PC to connect to serial port on your PC - connect the PC's serial port to the PBX's serial port, make sure serial speed/bits etc are set correctly and then just save what PBX sends.)

It is a Toshiba DK series switch. I do not have documentation on what the SMDR would contain exactly, but I should have that information soon. It will be a serial connection.

This is part of a larger project that we are implementing, so the system is not yet ready for us to get a sample SMDR report, and also the data format is likely to change as we are implenting ANI within a few weeks. When I have a capture from the PBX, I will post the details. Basically, you've provided me a good enough answer-- it sounds like it should be doable!