VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Errors Sending Emails

When saving a voicemail our system is having problems sending out emails. I was recieving high praise for emailing messages to people. Now that it's not working people are not happy to not have functionality that they didn't have before... human behavior is so odd...

Here's the line from the log that's giving me trouble (along with the few proceeding lines)...

--begin quote

104959.30 4 RVreplace start (strlen>100)

104959.32 4 vm frwrd vmb 15 email to ricodanny@salessimplicity.net (wav attached)

104959.34 0 eng EmailDbQueue_Insert_Error Syntax error (missing operator) in query expression ''Voicemail received...

on 26 January at 10:49:59

The message is attached...

Your Voicemail box is 15

Have a happy and productive day.

With Love,

The Voicemail Server

104959.35 4 vm frwrd vmb 15 end

--end quote

Now one thing that might be worth noting is that what initially appears to be double quotes at the beginning of the body of my email is actually two single quotes.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

-Danny

I assume that this is happening all the time for every 'forward by email' attempt?

Looks like the quote characters are specified in the message body part of the VG Voicemail Manager's "Email Forward Message Template" and these are confusing the email sending program.

Can you please remove any quote characters (both single and double quote characters) from the message body in the "Email Forward Message Template" part of the VG Voicemail Manager...

(We'll probably make changes in future versions of VG to automatically remove any quote characters from the mesasge body...)

That worked. I'd actually thought of that... There was a "don't" in the message. And I'd changed the text of the email, but I didn't restart VG. After I restarted VG it began sending fine.

Thanks,

-Danny

We confirmed that using a single quote character in any part of the email will cause problems like the ones you just found. We will defiantly address this issue in future versions of VG. in the immediate future this may involve just removing any quote characters from the emails.