VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

2nd D/4pci Installed Won't Work

Hi, I installed a 2nd D/4PCI card in a PC. The new card appears in and is recognized by both Win2000's Device Manager and Dialogic Config Manager. It even appears as "started" in DCM.

When I go to VG Wizard, though, the new 4 lines don't appear among the "TAPI Line devices"; only the 4 lines of the first D/4PCI that was there previously.

Am I supposed to do anything to "activate" this new D/4PCI ?

Any hints ??

Thanks,

== LEVENT ==

Have you tried pressing the "Detect Boards" button on the Dialogic TSP Configuration window?

Where is "Dialogic TSP Config" and where is the "detect boards button" ? I wasn't able to locate them. Thanks. =LEVENT=

1. Open Control Panel (Start -> Settings -> Control Panel)

2. Double-click "Telephony" icon (or the "Phone and Modem" icon).

3. Click the Telephony Drivers tab (or the "Advanced" tab).

4. Click the "Dialogic Generation 2 Service Provider for NT".

5. Click Detect Boards to update the list of Dialogic board channels (dxxxB1C1 is board 1 channel 1).

Thanks for the hint. The new card is now recognized.

The problems I'm having now (only with the lines of this new D/4PCI, and not with the old D/4PCI's lines) are:

1. no voice is heard on the phone line, even though VG shows the wav file playing (event trace #1 attached). Never happens with the old D/4PCI's lines.

2. VG sometimes hangs up on that line, sometimes not (event trace #2 attached). Never happens with the old D/4PCI's lines.

Your help is appreciated.

Thanks.

== LEVENT ==

EventTraces.zip

Did you re-install the Wave drivers after the new card was detected by the TSP?

(Sounds like you should re-install them again...)

There is no need to connect the D/4PCI cards together using any cable - you just plug the second card into the computer and then click Detect Boards etc as described above...

Your PC or IVR-server will have multiple PCI slots. You have used only one of them for the first D/4PCI. Use one of the remaining PCI slots for the 2nd D/4PCI. DCM (DialogicControlManager) will recognize the new card as soon as reboot. No cumbersome installation necessary like for the first card. All you need to do is

1. make the PC detect the new board (details in Support's postings above)

2. reinstall the Dialogic's wav drivers.

== LEVENT ==