VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Impossible To Write In Access 2007

Hello everybody,

I am trying voiceguide for my work these days : it is really good and was easy to use so far :) but impossible to store datas from the IVR in an access 2007 table. I have been trying several things like using others access format (2003; 2000) and even to create an excel table but no success so far.

I guess the syntax is good because it is an easy try : I want to store a number from a "cp" module in a vg.accdb table in the "code postal" field with INSERT INTO vg (code postal) VALUES ($RV[CP]) but no way to make it out !

Could anybody give a hand please?

Thanks,

Pierre.

Could you please post the VoiceGuide script file (.vgs file) and the vgEngine trace capturing the call.

We can then see what is happening on your system.

Please .ZIP up traces before posting them.

The vgEngine trace shows that this error is returned:

Le format de la cha?ne d'initialisation n'est pas conforme ? la sp?cification qui d?bute ? l'index 34.

when the connection is made to:

Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;Data Source=c:\vg.accdb';

and the following SQL is ran:

INSERT INTO vg (code postal) VALUES ('45678')

Not sure what that error means (Google translate is a bit vague), but below are instructions and working samples that can get you started

First of all, either Microsoft Office or "2007 Office System Driver: Data Connectivity Components" must be installed on system.

The Data Connectivity Components can be downloaded here:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=23734

Then see the attached demo.zip that contains a sample .accdb database and VoiceGuide script showing INSERT and SELECT examples. The script has been confirmed as working on both SELECT and INSERT.

Quite possibly the problem in your SQL statement is the column name - perhaps spaces are not allowed?

or maybe that column is a number field, so quotes should not be used around the inserted number?

demo.zip