VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Problems Installing Dialogic D/41H

I am trying to install a Dialogic 41/H in a Windows NT system so I can use VoiceGuide 5. I am using Dialogic System Release 5.1.1.

I have followed all installation instructions, and made sure Dialogic's TAPI and Wave drivers are installed properly as suggested by the Dialogic.htm I found here.

At boot-up time I get the NT error msg "At least one service or driver failed during startup". When I go to the NT Event Viewer, it tells me the TAPI failed to execute because it timed out waiting for the device.

When I use the TSP configuration, and click on auto-detect it tells me there are no boards started. I then use DCM to try to start service, I get the msg "All devices are diabled. You cannot execute Dialogic System Service."

Does anyone have a suggestion that will resolve this problem?

Many thanks,

Les

If you in fact have the D41h it is an ISA board not PCI. That being the case you need to install the Dialogic software without the board in the computer. When you finish the dialogic installation the DCM, (Dialogic Configuration Manager) will tell you what the IRQ and memory address for the board is. Or actually what the IRQ and memory address should be. Set the jumper and dip switches for the addresses shown after the install. Then install the board and restart the system. The Dialogic service manager should find the board and start the service just fine. ISA boards arent detected like PCI boards.

As npeiman correctly points out, ISA cards need to have their IRQ set on the board using a switch. The install order to follow is:

1. Identify a free IRQ.

2. Set the IRQ jumpers/dip switches on the Dialogic board.

3. Set the Address jumpers/dip switches on the Dialogic board.

(The default will usually work. )

4. Shut down Windows.

5. Turn off the computer.

6. Install the board into the computer.

7. Turn on the computer.

8. Reserve the IRQ for ISA in the System BIOS.

Another thing to try is to turn OFF Plug n Play in BIOS.

Thanks for the help. I am a few steps futher towards getting this to work, but not quite there yet. Here's what I've accomplished:

I removed the D41/H from the system, booted up, uninstalled 5.1.1, rebooted, and reinstalled 5.1.1. I ran the DCM, and added the D41/H device. The DCM told me the interrupt should be 3, and the memory address d0000. I installed the jumper on the board to IRQ3. But I don't know what position the 4-position dip switch should be set at to get d0000. Right now the switches are set at 1 & 2 ON, and 3 & 4 off.

Then I instructed the DCM to start service on the highlghted device. It said something about loading firmware, etc. and the ended up with the error msg: "Error starting Dialogic Service".

Oh, by the way I'm still getting the NT error msg at bootup "At least one service or device failed at startup". I got this when booting up without the board present before reinstalling 5.1.1, and also with the board present and 5.1.1 installed.

Any further help would be greatly appreciated.

Les

One other thing if it's helpful. I ran the Dialogic Diagnostic Utility and it reported "No Dialogic Boards successfully installed. No supported boards found in current configuration."

Les

Hi, it's the pest again!

OK, I finally got the board configured properly, both the interrupt and memory address. And, in System BIOS I set IRQ 3 to Legacy ISA.

The DCM reports that the service is running on the D/41H device. And, I can successfully turn the service off and on.

I also ran all the tests in the UDD, and all tests of the board passed.

Finally, I tried running TALKER32, but it reported "No TAPI lines found. Check TAPI configuration." And, when I ran VoiceGuide's Configuration Wizard, it also says no TAPI lines found.

From the Control Panel, I verified that the Telephony Drivers reported "Dialogic Generation 2 Service Provider for NT" was present. But I also noticed that there was something called "TAPI Kernel-Mode Provider" present, as well as "Unimodem Service Provider". Could the presence of either of these be causing a conflict?

I really do appreciate the help you've provided thus far, and I really need to get VoiceGuide up and running, so your further assistance is most welcome.

Les

Les: I have found the sequence of things important. In other words if you installed the TAPI or wav drivers before you did the successful installation of the bard get rid of them! THen do a clean boot and verifiy that the Dialogic services are running. THEN do and reinstall/configuration the TAPI and WAV drivers. I think you will find that things will then work.

Regards, Neil Peiman

That's correct. The Dialogic cards must first be correctly seen by the Dialogic Configuration Manager application before one should proceed with installation of the Dialogic TAPI & Wave drivers.

That's correct. The Dialogic cards must first be correctly seen by the Dialogic Configuration Manager application before one should proceed with installation of the Dialogic TAPI & Wave drivers.

Thanks to all of your help, I finally got the board installed properly, ran Talker32 to both place and receive a call, and then successfully installed VoiceGuide 5.1.7 and ran one of the sample vgs scripts to insure all was working.

Now for my final problem (I hope): I can't get my sound card to play or record a wav file, which of course I need to create my own scripts as well as use the Voice Mail Manager to listen to msgs.

I am getting PC system sounds through the speakers plugged into the Soundblaster 512PCI board but can't play either a wave file included with VoiceGuide, or some plain vanilla one already on my system.

I went online to Creative and got the most recent NT drivers and installed them, and verfied in the Control Panel that both the Dialogic Wave driver (which was installed first) and the Soundblaster Wave driver were both there and functioning properly.

I checked this forum for msgs about sound/wave driver problems. And they all seem to end up saying to uninstall all wave drivers, the reinstall the Dialogice wave driver first and the sound card's wave driver last, which I have already done.

If you can help me with this one last problem, I promise to quit pestering you.

Les

I am getting PC system sounds through the speakers plugged into the Soundblaster 512PCI board but can't play either a wave file included with VoiceGuide, or some plain vanilla one already on my system.

Was the card working before the Dialogic's Wave drivers were installed?

If you think that uninstalling Dialogic Wave drivers will fix the problem then I'd recommend to try this (and maybe re-install the SoundBlaster drivers again after that just to be sure...)

I don't think so. This is an older computer which I just installed Windows NT on, which wiped the hard drive clean. During the install of Dialogic when I checked to see if the Dialogic wave driver was there, it was and it was the only wave driver there(which is why I had to go online to get the Soundblaster NT drivers).

I'm also getting no sound from an audio CD.

I did try using NT's sound recorder and though I can hear nothing I record, while recording the green line is jumping up and down, so I think it must be receiving sound.

The speakers I'm using produce sound on one of my other computers, so I know they're working. And, I've tried all the various connectors on the back of the Soundblaster card.

Les

Disregard my last two posts re:wave file sound problems. All is working as it should, and I don't have a clue what I did to fix it.

Again, thank all of you for your help.

Les

Just as a follow-up for someone who might read this thread later, I did discover what I did to get the record/playback of wave files to work.

In the Control Panel->Multimedia Properties, on the Audio tab the Preferred Device for both Playback and Record had to be set for my SB PCI512 Wave Out/Wave In, and not the Dialogic Wave[dxxxB1C1]. Whether I'll have to change this back to Dialogic once I get my VoiceGuide script up and running so it plays out to the Dialogic board, I guess I'll find out later.

Les

VoiceGuide does not use this 'Preferred I/O device' setting so changing this setting should not affect VG function - but many standard sound programs use this setting so it does look like this was in fact the cause of the problems you have experienced with playing/recording of sound files through speakers/mic.

I am having a similar problem installing my Dialogic 41/H card. When running the DCM I do not see the the option which tells me which IRQ & memory address I should use. I have tried IRQ 7 & 10 both fail. When I run the UDD test, the PC Interrupt test fails. Any ideas. Thanks

If I change an IRQ setting - do I need to re-install 5.1.1.

What initiates DCM to run the " loading boot firmware" install message??

You do not need to re-install the Dialogic's System Release drivers after changing the IRQ.

To change the IRQ setting the Dialogic service needs to be stopped anyway, so after changing the IRQ just (try to) start the service and that's it.

What initiates DCM to run the " loading boot firmware" install message??

When the service is started.